Other Outdoor Adventure Day Camp Instructor
Avid4 Adventure, #3 on Outside Magazine’s 2017 Best Places to Work, is hiring instructors for our summer day camps in Colorado. We empowers kids to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. We are seeking instructors that can:
Live Environmentally Connected
The CORE Responsibilities of an Instructor:
– Provide age and developmentally- appropriate instruction in mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing, Leave No Trace principles, and team building
– Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor adventures
– Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
– Co-lead activities on or off-site (dependent on camper age group and program)
– Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals
– Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs
– Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff
– Minimum 19 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids
– First Aid and CPR prior to the start of camp (Staff with Wilderness First Aid or higher do receive additional compensation)
– Personal experience in at least one of our core sports: mountain biking, rock climbing, paddling or hiking.
– Staff training: begins in Mid-May
– Camp Dates: June – Mid-August
– Work week: Monday – Friday, about 40 hours/week
– Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including hourly rates and experience additives at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.
– Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp.
– Free access to Avid4 gear during non-camp hours.
How to ApplyApply at: https://avid4.com/jobs/positions
283 total views, 2 today