Other Outdoor Adventure Trip Leader
The American Youth Foundation – Miniwanca is seeking candidates for the position of Four Trails Adventure Trip Leader. The Four Trails program takes the AYF philosophy on trail to inspire youth to develop their best selves, to lead balanced lives through wilderness adventure activities and to interact positively with the communities they visit. These activities include; hiking, camping, canoeing, cycle touring and sea kayaking. Our trips range in length from 5 to 28 days and are conducted throughout Michigan, the North-Eastern United States and Ontario, Canada. Our Trip Leaders are responsible for the planning and execution of our trips while being a leader and a mentor to the campers enrolled in the trip.
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• One to two years of college or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in outdoor education, group facilitation or working with
• Ability to live in camp and trail conditions with varied weather
• Display a strong positive work ethic
• Demonstrate a passion for youth development
• CPR and WFR qualifications (course offered)
• Facilitation experiences in the outdoor industry a plus, but not required.
• Role model the AYF mission and values
• Plan, prepare and lead a specific trip
• Participate in in-camp activities when not out on trail
• Teach/instruct campers on the essential skills necessary for trip safety and
• Participate actively in staff training
• Contribute positively to the entire camp community
• Protect the health and safety of campers by adhering to AYF policies and
• Provide 24 hour supervision and mentoring to campers, while living and
eating meals with a group, helping each camper to adjust to camp life and
achieve his/her personal best
All successful candidates are required to complete ten days of wilderness staff training on arrival (June 3, 2018), which includes AYF curriculum, leave no trace ethics, risk management and hard skills related to specific trips i.e. bike maintenance/paddling strokes.
How to ApplySend inquiries to Andrew McIver: email@example.com Apply via our online application at https://ayf.com/miniwanca-jobs/
547 total views, 1 today