Environment Appalachian Trail Intern
Trail Crew Internships
Dream of working on the Appalachian Trail in Maine?
Consider this opportunity to build your skills with trail work, outdoor living and leadership. Experience some of the most pristine, remote sections of Maine’s Appalachian Trail. Projects focus on rebuilding and restoring heavily impacted sections of the Appalachian Trail. Crews utilize Griphoist® rigging equipment, and hand tools to build stone steps, waterbars and retaining walls to repair the Appalachian Trail.
Sorry, no pets are allowed.
• Enthusiasm for working and living outdoors
• Interest in building a career in the trail world
• Ability to teach skills and support volunteer workers
• Good health and physical fitness
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Willing to develop both trail building and leadership skills
• Ability to motivate and work with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Sponsorship from a college or university
Experience helps, but we teach trail skills here.
Develop your professional background
Housing and meals are provided, including off time between work sessions
Base Camp is on an Island in Branns Mills Pond, Maine
Tents and packs are provided if needed
Stay in mountain-side campsites
Make new friends
Learn new trail skills
Lots of hiking on the Appalachian Trail and elsewhere
Build works in stone to last for the ages
Recreational trips to the mountains, ocean and lakes on days off
Dates: May19 to August 25, 2018 – Work includes weekends.
Living Allowance – $200 per week
How to ApplyTo Apply: send your resume, cover letter and 3 references to: Lester C. Kenway PO Box 8057 Bangor ME 04402 Or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until positions are filled, preference given to those received by January 31, 2018.
570 total views, 1 today