Environment Appalachian Trail Ridgerunner
• Meet, greet, register and educate hikers on the Appalachian Trail.
• Impart Leave No Trace knowledge, skills and ethics to hikers focusing on
youth groups and long distance backpackers, for example: where to camp,
how to protect water sources, how to minimize fire impacts, etc.
• Provide education about rare alpine plants and stewardship on summits and
• Manage and provide light maintenance at campsites.
• Schedule: May 18 through October 20, including all weekends and holidays,
days off are mid-week.
• Some backpacking and camping gear will be provided, as well as off –day
• Leave No Trace knowledge, skills and ethics.
• Desire and comfort with primitive, solitary, outdoor living and working
• Good physical condition
• Public/customer service skills
• Professional appearance and attitude.
• Good communication skills (including oral, by phone, and written).
• Wiliness to work in unfavorable weather conditions.
• Personal transportation is required to get to assigned trail head.
• Long-distance hiking experience.
How to ApplySubmit a letter, resume and references by email (“MATC Ridgerunners” in subject line) to email@example.com. Preference will be given to those applying by 1/15/19.
381 total views, 1 today