Other Outdoor Assistant Director, Outdoor Adventure
The University of Central Florida Recreation and Wellness Center (RWC) is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as the Assistant Director of Outdoor Adventure.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to manage and direct a thriving Outdoor Adventure program at UCF and participate as an active team member on the Recreation and Wellness Center Staff. The Assistant Director reports to the Associate Director of Programs. Programs and facilities of responsibility include Adventure Trips, Climbing Tower, Outdoor Adventure Center, Challenge Course and Lake Claire Recreation Area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Responsible for the administration, implementation and supervision of the overall Outdoor Adventure program and facility staff to include Challenge Course, Lake Claire, Climbing Tower, Outdoor Adventure Center and Adventure trips.
• Supervise full-time Coordinator and graduate assistant.
• Develop annual calendar with Coordinator and implement and help manage the daily operations of the Adventure Trips program.
• Provide oversight for all aspects of the Challenge Course high and low ropes facilities. Develop and market programs for off campus groups for challenge course.
• Revise, create and enhance operation procedures for all areas of Outdoor Adventure program.
• Responsible to hire, train, schedule and evaluate outdoor adventure student staff.
• Develop and implement comprehensive leadership program for outdoor adventure student staff.
• Coordinate routine and non-routine maintenance work for all areas of responsibility to include specific maintenance and annual certification for challenge course and climbing tower.
• Responsible for Risk Management in areas of responsibility.
• Recommends and oversees operating and personnel budgetary needs for Outdoor Adventure Program.
•Work closely with Student Government Association (SGA) to meet goals, objectives and expectations of one of their primary funded agencies.
• Counsel students and process disciplinary actions in response to participation in programs when necessary.
• Coordinate the completion of statistical analysis and assessment results for areas of responsibility
• Works as a liaison between Recreation and Wellness Center, Student Government Association and other departments as well as off-campus groups for initiatives and activities.
• Serves as a member of the Recreation and Wellness Center Leadership Team.
• May serve on University and/or National Committees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Work Experience, Preferences and Requirements:
• Requires Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
• Previous supervisory experience in higher education and campus recreation desired. Prefer experience developing quality student programs and implementing risk management policies for safe facilities and programs.
• Experience in providing oversight for all aspects of a low and high ropes challenge course facility and program.
• Demonstrated ability to provide instruction and possess technical proficiency in a variety of outdoor applications including sea kayaking, canoeing, backpacking, surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, mountain biking and rock climbing
• Possess current Wilderness First Responder Certification
• During certain times of year, this position requires routine evening and/or weekend supervision due to the nature of program activities.
• Requires Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
How to ApplyApplication information: •Please apply online (only) by May 17th, 2018 through UCF Human Resources website, https://www.jobswithucf.com/ •Click on “Search Jobs” and enter 45084 as a keyword to find Coordinator, Student Affairs. Direct link at https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/53315 •Please complete all fields in the online application, including specific start and end dates for all previous employment and degrees that match the submitted resume. UCF Human Resources will consider the information on the application as the verified employment, education and salary history. You will not be able to change your application once you have certified and submitted it. • Applications received through this website will not be considered. •If you have questions about the position or the application process, please contact Gary Cahen at email@example.com or 407-823-2408
129 total views, 3 today