Environment Assistant Eco Trail Leader Central America
ASSISTANT ECO TRAIL LEADER
Trail takes place on April, July and October
Reporting to: Eco Trail Leader and Project Coordinator or Project Manager based In-Country
Responsible to: The Directors of the Society & the Operations Managers, London HQ
Location: Mobile expedition and field project sites in Central America
To assist the Eco Trail Leader in volunteer travel and conservation experiences and oversee all the logistical and administrative aspects of the expedition. This involves assisting in the supervision of the budget, project resources and equipment, and aiding the Eco Trail Leader in taking responsibility for the general welfare of all volunteers.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
– Assist the Eco Trail Leader in all aspects of volunteer travel;
– Help design the itinerary and assist in the planning & overseeing of all project/expedition logistics;
– Ensure efficient communication is maintained between the expedition team and country HQ;
– Assist with the administration and control of field budgets and production of accounts and reports to London HQ;
– Assist in supervising the activities of, and ensuring the health and safety of, project staff, volunteers and host-country participants, with continual risk assessment, and oversee their use of resources;
– To manage the expectations of the volunteers.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– To help the Eco Trail Leader organise and plan the itinerary and all other aspects of the Trail;
– To ensure the health and safety of all volunteers, any other Trail staff and any host country participants at all times, to assist with any medical or other emergencies or incidents should they arise and implement any necessary emergency medical or other evacuation procedures;
– To research and familiarise herself or himself with all the areas and sites included in the Trail;
– To assist in all the logistical aspects relating to the Trail, including arranging safe and secure accommodation and volunteer travel in country, the purchase of local supplies and any necessary equipment and to ensure the smooth day to day running of the Trail;
– To maintain an effective means of communication with the Society’s London office throughout the period of the Trail;
– Prior to the commencement of their participation to provide a full briefing to the volunteers on health and safety and any other relevant aspects of participation in the Trail;
– To meet the volunteers on their arrival at the international airport of the country in which the Trail commences;
– To ensure the security of all Trail equipment and maintain it in good condition
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 3 months with the possibility of extension.
Accommodation: Basic accommodation provided on mobile expedition.
Subsistence: Basic food provided during expedition. Subsistence contribution of £500 per quarter to be paid by staff member to cover in-country expenses.
Training: Pre-departure training provided.
To have more information about the role visit our website at: https://www.frontier.ac.uk/Recruit/ViewJob.aspx?job=115
How to ApplyTo apply to the role send your cv and cover letter to email@example.com, stating your availability and indicating in the subject the job you are applying for.
321 total views, 1 today