Environment Assistant Research Officer
To assist with all aspects of the research programme involving daily supervision of research team, data analysis and report writing.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
– Assist the Principal Investigator with the development and implementation of the research programme
– Daily organisation and supervision of the survey programme
– Supervision, management and training of volunteers/assistants
– Preparation of project reports and publication of results in scientific journals
– Assist with project logistics and administration
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Assist the Principal Investigator in implementing the standard programme of research to cover each survey component depending on location, e.g. vegetation; ungulates; small mammals; bats, reptiles and amphibians, and selected invertebrate groups, including millipedes, molluscs and butterflies;
– Assist the Principal Investigator in the accredited and non-accredited training of the volunteer Research Assistants and other project participants where necessary and supervise their implementation in the field survey;
– Assist the Principal Investigator or Project Coordinator in the management, support, motivation and development of volunteers / research assistants;
– Assist the Principal Investigator in managing the collection and processing of accurate field data, including specimen collection, for all survey components;
– Ensure that the specimens collected on each phase are adequately preserved;
– Produce sections of the technical reports and scientific papers to the schedule agreed with the Principal Investigator and the Research and Development and Operations Managers (London HQ);
– Assist the Principal Investigator in managing and supervising the maintenance of the project’s scientific resources;
– Provide the Principal Investigator with regular (minimum quarterly) progress updates and ensure that these updates are passed on to the London HQ;
– Assist with the logistical operations relating to the project including administration and management of finances; production of accounts and reports; allocation, use and maintenance of project resources; management of local staff; and supervision of the activities of and ensuring the health and safety of project staff, volunteers and host country participants.
How to ApplyFor further information and to apply, please follow the link below or send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to specify which position the application is regarding in the subject line.
375 total views, 1 today