Environment Assistant Research Officer Fiji
To assist with all aspects of the research programme involving daily supervision of research team, data analysis and report writing.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
– Assist the Principal Investigator with the development and implementation of the research programme
– Daily organisation and supervision of the survey programme
– Supervision, management and training of volunteers/assistants
– Preparation of project reports and publication of results in scientific journals
– Assist with project logistics and administration
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Assist the Principal Investigator in implementing the standard programme of research to cover each survey component depending on location, e.g. vegetation; ungulates; small mammals; bats, reptiles and amphibians, and selected invertebrate groups, including millipedes, molluscs and butterflies;
– Assist the Principal Investigator in the accredited and non-accredited training of the volunteer Research Assistants and other project participants where necessary and supervise their implementation in the field survey;
– Assist the Principal Investigator or Project Coordinator in the management, support, motivation and development of volunteers / research assistants;
– Assist the Principal Investigator in managing the collection and processing of accurate field data, including specimen collection, for all survey components;
– Ensure that the specimens collected on each phase are adequately preserved;
– Produce sections of the technical reports and scientific papers to the schedule agreed with the Principal Investigator and the Research and Development and Operations Managers (London HQ);
– Assist the Principal Investigator in managing and supervising the maintenance of the project’s scientific resources;
– Provide the Principal Investigator with regular (minimum quarterly) progress updates and ensure that these updates are passed on to the London HQ;
– Assist with the logistical operations relating to the project including administration and management of finances; production of accounts and reports; allocation, use and maintenance of project resources; management of local staff; and supervision of the activities of and ensuring the health and safety of project staff, volunteers and host country participants.
For more information about the role visit our website:
How to ApplySend your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your availability and indicating in the subject the job you are applying for.
403 total views, 2 today