Environment Backcountry Hut Naturalist
Join a vibrant community of outdoor enthusiasts and contribute to a tradition of backcountry hospitality and stewardship in New Hampshire’s storied White Mountains. Hut naturalists play a crucial role in educating and connecting our guests to the environment and inspiring a conservation ethic. This is an engaging, rewarding, multi-faceted job, and in addition to providing daily programs you will be hiking supplies into the hut, cooking food, and working as part of a small group of people. Come join us and have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to live on a mountain for a summer.
• Present daily local natural and cultural history programs for guests and visitors.
• Develop and maintain program materials and daily record of program offerings.
• Hike food and supplies to the hut (40 pounds or more) twice a week.
• Assist hut crew in providing information and selling supplies to guests and visitors.
• Prepare, serve and clean up after breakfast and dinner.
• Voluntarily participate in search and rescue operations.
• Due to hours worked, applicants must be at least 18 years of age
• Program development and presentation experience.
• Backcountry experience.
• Friendly, outgoing manner and commitment to public service.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Interpretive and public speaking experience.
• Demonstrated interest in field of environmental education, preferred.
• Currently working toward a degree in the sciences or education.
• Degree (or working towards degree) with course work in Environmental Studies or Natural Sciences, preferred.
How to ApplyApply by navigating to the "Backcountry Hut Naturalist" posting on this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7f5e3e73-653e-43e5-92f9-d8cdc593518a&ccId=1125625467_1842&type=MP&lang=en_US
204 total views, 4 today