Trek & Backpack Backpacking and Canoeing Adventure Trip Leader
Four Trails Adventure Trip Leaders are responsible, experienced, and camper-focused youth development professionals from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
The Four Trails Adventure Trip Program takes the AYF philosophy and mission on trail to inspire youth to develop their best selves through wilderness adventure activities. The Four Trails program offers a unique progression of hiking, canoeing, kayaking, and cycling trips for campers aged 13-18. Our trips range in length from 2 to 28 days. The campers will journey throughout the Midwestern and Northeastern United States and Ontario, Canada.
Trip leaders can expect to plan and co-lead groups of 8-10 campers. They will lead specific hiking, canoeing, kayaking, and/or cycling trips during our 6-week summer camp season. Trip leaders will work to facilitate fun and engaging activities that promote positive youth development for campers.
What should I know before applying?
As a trip leader your focus should always be on the experience of your campers, so we typically look for leaders…
• Who have some experience working with youth and who love being outside.
• Who have some experience hiking, canoeing, kayaking, and/or cycling.
• Who are 20+ years old and love adventuring in varied weather, settings, and circumstances
What can I expect if I am hired?
• The Trip Leader position is a 9-week commitment, and the starting salary for first-year leaders is $300 a week.
• You’ll also participate in an immersive Wilderness Workshop where you’ll gain hands-on backcountry experience while being exposed to how the AYF’s mission and philosophy apply to the wilderness setting of the Four Trails program.
• All food and housing is provided while you work at Miniwanca, and you’ll have access to pro-deals through Outdoor Prolink and discounted gear via Liberty Mountain.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at https://miniwanca.campbrainstaff.com/
346 total views, 3 today