Other Outdoor Camp Cook
Seasonal, Part Time
1 position available, scheduled to work February 2019 – early November 2019
Come cook for young explorers and visitors at Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray, owned by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI). Give kids and visitors the energy they need to hike and explore tide pools and the coastal ecology surrounding Newport, by preparing and cooking delicious and nutritious snacks and meals for them. Join the OMSI team and become a part of a dynamic team that participates in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Prepare and cook meals efficiently, at designated times, for groups of up to 175 participants, meeting food preparation timelines.
• Wash all dishes and clean all surfaces used in the preparation of meals.
• Regularly clean surfaces and equipment in the kitchen, coolers, and pantries as designated by the manager.
• Under the direction of management, work as a team with other kitchen staff to maintain inventory control, and order food.
• Maintain Oregon Health Code and American Camp Association standards in handling, cooking, and storing of food.
What you’ll need:
• Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety.
• Ability to follow recipes and improvise when necessary and to make meals from scratch.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of nutritious and well balanced meals, including dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian cooking recipes and techniques.
• Basic understanding of food allergies, allergens, and avoiding cross-contamination.
• Minimum 1 year of cooking in commercial kitchens.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Must be at least 18 years old to operate, repair or clean power-driven food slicers, grinders and choppers, bakery machines, and commercial mixers.
• Valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate, and valid driver’s license.
• Must pass all pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks.
• Hourly rate between $12.00 – $14.00 per hour, depending on experience.
• Eligible for Oregon Sick.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/299259.html to apply!
Position closes February 1, 2019. OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply here: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/299259.html
665 total views, 2 today