Other Outdoor Camp Cook
Seasonal Full-Time and Seasonal, Part-Time positions available
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking Camp Cooks for our 2022 Outdoor Education Season! The Camp Cook is an essential community member of passionate educators and learners. They provide more than just food, they offer thoughtful menus, comfort, and nourishment for all. The Camp Cook helps to plan menus, and cooks for the programs at the Coastal Discovery Center near Newport, Oregon or Hancock Field Station near Fossil, Oregon.
In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements
You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons.
• Plan and cook nutritious menus for various staff and groups, ensuring balanced meals that accommodate for dietary restrictions and food allergies
• Wash and sanitize all dishes and surfaces used for meal preparations
• Regularly clean all areas, coolers, pantries, surfaces, and equipment
• Keep all areas in compliance with the Oregon state and county health codes as well as American Camp Association standards
• Control inventory, order food and/or shop for food, ensuring and balancing sustainable food and budget practices
• Actively integrate participation, compassion, thought, and informed action to build a supportive learning community
• Working knowledge of cooking in a commercial kitchen
• Developed understanding of food safety, protocol, and regulations
• Ability to operate kitchen equipment and tools safely
• Specific knowledge of major food allergens and dietary preferences
• Comfort and ability to engage people of diverse backgrounds with a customer service emphasis
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Season runs February 3, 2022 – November 7, 2022.
• $90 per day at Hancock Field Station; $16.50 per hour at Coastal Discovery Center
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday Pay!
• Free On-site living offered, with shared staff quarters (Hancock Field Station only)
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – valid for two free general admissions to 23 Oregon attractions.
All are welcome at OMSI.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
How to ApplyTo learn more about OMSI’s Outdoor Education Jobs visit https://sites.google.com/omsi.edu/outdooredjobs. To learn more or apply to be a Camp Cook, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/693380.html Position closes when filled.
73 total views, 2 today