Other Outdoor Camp Maintenance Technician
Camp Maintenance Technician
$17.50 per hour
Regular, Part-Time; scheduled for 20 hours per week
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Camp Maintenance Technician is an essential community member of passionate educators and learners. To support a positive work and education environment, the Maintenance Technician provides effective care, repair, and maintenance of camp buildings, grounds and equipment at The Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray in Newport, Oregon.
In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements
You must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation under the ADA for medical or religious reasons.
• Recognize, mitigate, and respond to hazards to ensure a healthy and safe program for all participants;
• Actively integrate diversity, equity, access and inclusion in all areas;
• Provide general maintenance, including but not limited to plumbing, mechanical, electrical, gas appliances and systems, and invasive weed removal;
• Implement preventative maintenance system checks and seasonal tasks such as changing filters, power washing, cleaning door sand traps, and general landscaping;
• High School Diploma or GED;
• 3 years of experience with increasing responsibility:
o Foundational knowledge and experience working in a commercial or industrial setting, with an emphasis on electrical, plumbing, site improvements, and preventative maintenance;
o Demonstrated experience working independently and safely with mechanical systems;
o Familiarity with gas-based appliances;
o Familiarity with HVAC systems;
o Familiarity with basic vehicle maintenance
• Sick Days
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – valid for two free general admissions to 23 Oregon attractions.
All are welcome at OMSI.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining individuals from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, age, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, citizenship status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our process as we build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can better reflect and serve our community. We strongly invite applications from candidates who share our commitment to diversity.
How to ApplyTo learn more about OMSI’s Outdoor Education Jobs visit https://sites.google.com/omsi.edu/outdooredjobs. To learn more or apply to the Camp Maintenance Technician position, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/693387.html Position closes when filled
74 total views, 2 today