Environment Conservation Land Steward
Conservation Land Stewards
TO APPLY, please visit LakesRegionConservationCorps.org.
The Lakes Region Conservation Trust (LRCT) is currently recruiting four members to serve as Conservation Land Stewards for the Lakes Region Conservation Corps (LRCC) – AmeriCorps Program running from May 20th through October 24th of 2020. LRCT is one of several partners and Host Sites for the LRCC program through which LRCC members are the driving force behind many of the conservation efforts of New Hampshire’s Lakes Region.
Conservation Land Stewards will gain hands-on conservation work experience and certifications over a broad range of areas which ensure that they are capable of independently approaching a variety of tasks in the environmental conservation field.
Conservation Land Stewards will work on a variety of projects including:
• Trail maintenance of LRCT’s 95+ miles of trails,
• Serving as Island Stewards on Lake Winnipesaukee islands,
• Property hosting at many of LRCT’s premier hiking properties,
• Removal of terrestrial invasive plants on conservation lands,
• Monitoring LRCT preserves and conservation easements,
• Assisting with guided excursions and other education and outreach events,
• Working on special property management projects such as updating property boundary markings and signage and access improvement projects (repair/ building of kiosks and footbridges).
• And organizing and conducting volunteer work days.
Members receive a bi-weekly living allowance of $450 and will receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of $3,047.50 upon successful completion of a minimum of 900 hours. In addition, Conservation Land Stewards are provided group housing at the Mead Base Conservation Center in the heart of the Lakes Region near the White Mountains, lakes and rivers that make this region so beautiful and unique.
The trainings, certifications (Wilderness First Aid/CPR, NH Commercial boating license), and experiences that members obtain develop important professional skills that are applicable to future careers within any occupational and educational field.
TO APPLY, please visit LakesRegionConservationCorps.org
*Application period ends 3/1/2020 – applications are reviewed as they are received.
To learn more about this program, visit LRCT.org or email David Mallard at email@example.com.
How to ApplyTO APPLY, please visit LakesRegionConservationCorps.org.
204 total views, 4 today