Environment Conservation Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the successful running of the project including management of volunteers, budgets, logistics and administration of the project.
General Outline of Role
– To ensure the health and safety of all volunteers and field staff involved in the project, dealing with any medical incidents should they arise, being ready to initiate and implement an emergency medical evacuation procedure if necessary.
– Management, support and development of volunteers / research assistants in all aspects of their participation on the project.
– Organisation and supervision of camp activities and the schedule of Research Assistants camp duties. Preparation of a camp work schedule taking into account all relevant safety, physical, logistic and financial considerations.
– To manage local Frontier employees, camp assistant, driver, guards, as appropriate including payment of wages as and when necessary.
– Administration and control of project budget, ensuring that expenditure does not exceed allocated funds. Over spending will be recovered from future budgets.
– To develop proposals for work with other potential sites/organizations (including site visits and meetings as and when required).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– To oversee and arrange arrival of new volunteers and project staff, arranging immigration, visas, work permits, transport, accommodation and briefing volunteers and staff on all aspects of country life upon their arrival in country.
– To ensure that all volunteers / research assistants are deployed constructively, usefully and enjoyably and will ensure the discipline and good behaviour of all members of the project.
– To send situation reports through to LHQ each week.
– To send quarterly and mid-phase reports to LHQ to set deadlines including reporting on accounts, logistics, staff, equipment inventories and risk assessments.
– To oversee the maintenance, servicing and repair of all project equipment and camp as necessary.
How to ApplyTo apply please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the specific job role in the subject line. Alternatively click apply now below.
447 total views, 1 today