Other Outdoor Cook
Work in the heart of Pinkham Notch, a multi-sport outdoor destination unlike any other! From our front door, hike New England’s tallest peak or mountain bike nearby trail networks – the outdoor adventure you’re looking for awaits! If this sounds like a destination for you, then consider joining our team!
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC), America’s oldest conservation, education and recreation organization, is now searching for a qualified and enthusiastic Cook for our Pinkham Notch Visitor Center (PNVC) in the White Mountain National Forest. This position is responsible for the preparation and delivery of meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner where 95% of the food is made from scratch. We strive for happy visitors and guests, and great food is a big part of the equation!
This is a full-time, year-round, non-exempt, hourly position offering competitive compensation and excellent employee benefits. We would love to hear from candidates who want to make a career with AMC and have enthusiasm for our programs and mission!
– Welcome and assist guests, visitors, members and others in a positive manner, responding to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
– Interact with guests regarding educational information and opportunities and AMC memberships.
– Prepare all meals and snacks as scheduled and instructed according to pre-planned menus and established meal times.
– Supervise snack bar/deli during assigned shift with daily upkeep, prep and service of customers.
– Assist the PNVC Manager in creating appropriate menus for the season, holidays and specialty dinners.
– Clean, sanitize and inspect all dining areas, exceeding New Hampshire Board of Health standards.
– Provide assistance for inventories and ordering of food and supplies on a weekly basis.
– Responsible to work alongside Lodge Crew in meal preparation and cleaning duties associated with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Be a model for the Lodge Crew by arriving to work with energy, efficiency and the willingness to “go the extra mile” for our guests and fellow staff members.
– Professional experience in preparing diverse, health-conscious meals including foods that incorporate fresh, local and/or organic ingredients in an institutional setting is preferred.
– Exceptional customer service skills.
– Ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
– Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest and enthusiasm for AMC programs and mission.
Employee Perks: In addition to a 30% discount on all merchandise sold at AMC facilities and in AMC catalogs, access to various pro deals that help you purchase gear at deeply reduced rates and a one-year AMC membership, year round employees are also eligible for…
– Group health plan with generous employer contribution
– Group life and AD&D insurance, 100 percent employer paid
– Long term disability insurance, 100 percent employer paid
– Retirement plan with matching contributions
– Paid vacation time, 15 days
– Paid sick time, 10 days
– Paid holidays, 13 days
– 10 free nights for you and your immediately family members at AMC facilities
How to ApplyNow accepting applications! Please submit your cover letter and resume to AMCHR@outdoors.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results. The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!
413 total views, 2 today