Other Outdoor Day Camp Instructor – we help with housing!
Avid4 Adventure, #3 on Outside Magazine’s 2017 Best Places to Work, is hiring instructors for our summer day camps in the Bay area. We empowers kids to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. We are seeking instructors that can:
Live Environmentally Connected
The CORE Responsibilities of an Instructor:
– Provide age and developmentally- appropriate instruction in mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing, Leave No Trace principles, and team building
– Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor adventures
– Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
– Co-lead activities on or off-site (dependent on camper age group and program)
– Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals
– Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs
– Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff
– Minimum 19 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids
– First Aid and CPR prior to the start of camp (Staff with Wilderness First Aid or higher do receive additional compensation)
– Personal experience in at least one of our core sports: mountain biking, rock climbing, paddling or hiking.
– 21+ years staff that have a CA license will be asked to obtain a CA Commercial – – Drivers License prior to the start of camp. We support you in multiple ways (including compensation) throughout the process. We will chat more about this during your interview to make sure you have all of the information needed.
– Staff training: begins in early June
– Camp Dates: Mid-June – Mid-August
– Work week: Monday – Friday, about 40 hours/week
– Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including hourly rates and experience “additives” at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.
– Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp each day.
– Outdoor Industry professional discounts on gear.
– Free access to Avid4 gear to use during non-camp hours.
How to ApplyFind your perfect summer role at https://avid4.com/jobs/positions
98 total views, 3 today