Other Outdoor Dining Room & Event Coordinator
Live and work in the heart of Pinkham Notch, a multi-sport outdoor destination unlike any other! From your front door, hike New England’s tallest peak or mountain bike nearby trail networks – the outdoor adventure you’re looking for awaits! If this sounds like a destination for you, then consider joining our team!
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC), America’s oldest conservation, education and recreation organization, is now searching for a Dining Room Coordinator to compliment an effective team in delivering on guest expectations, ensuring group satisfaction and retention and realizing the full potential of the food and beverage offerings at our busy Pinkham Notch Visitor Center. This active, front-line position helps to hire, train and lead the dining room Lodge Crew as well as is responsible for the overall cleanliness and presentation of the front of house.
This is a full-time, seasonal, non-exempt, hourly position with an anticipated schedule of 35-40 hours/week. Additional hours may be necessary due to the season or special events. Opportunities for alternative work assignments during out-of-season periods may be available. We would love to hear from candidates who want to make a career with AMC and have enthusiasm for our programs and mission!
Housing and meals are available at a minimal cost to employees 18 years of age or older, however, space is limited so don’t delay in applying and reserving your spot now!
– Welcome and assist guests, visitors, members and others in a positive manner, responding to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
– Interact with guests regarding educational information and opportunities and AMC memberships.
– Provide active supervision and guidance for front-line employees during shifts and regularly scheduled meetings to ensure high standards of service and productivity. Be a model for the Lodge Crew by arriving to work with energy, efficiency and the willingness to “go the extra mile” for our guests and fellow staff members.
– Deliver training materials with thorough explanation of expectations and procedures to Lodge Crew.
– Assist in scheduling and supervising seasonal staff.
– Clean, sanitize and inspect all dining areas, exceeding New Hampshire Board of Health standards.
– Responsible to work alongside Lodge Crew in meal preparation and cleaning duties associated with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
– Ability to manage and motivate a team.
– Exceptional customer service skills.
– Ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
– Prior dining room or server experience, however, will train as necessary!
– ServeSafe Manager Certification, however, coursework can also be provided by AMC to the right candidate.
– Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest and enthusiasm for AMC programs and mission.
Employee Perks: Benefits include a 30% discount on all merchandise sold at AMC facilities and in AMC catalogs, access to various pro deals that help you purchase gear at deeply reduced rates, a one-year AMC membership and 4 free nights for you and your immediately family members at AMC facilities.
How to ApplyNow accepting applications! Please submit your cover letter and resume to AMCHR@outdoors.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results. The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!
97 total views, 2 today