Environment Dive Officer
To manage all diving operations associated with the marine research programme, including the supervision of daily scuba and in-water activities and to ensure the proper maintenance of all dive equipment and boats.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
– Maintenance and control of all diving and related equipment;
– Organisation and supervision of daily diving and snorkelling activities;
– Supervision and dive training of volunteers and all project participants;
– Assisting the staff team with all aspects of the research programme.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– To plan, organise, supervise and execute all diving activities, taking into account all physical, logistical, safety and financial considerations;
– To supervise, train and motivate all project staff, volunteers and host-country participants to do the work contained in the diving schedule;
– To ensure that all volunteer dive trainees are trained up to a minimum level of PADI Advanced Open Water Diver in accordance with PADI regulations;
– The Officer is expected to take an active interest in the scientific programme and to provide, as required, a diving team for the Principal Investigator to complete the work programme.
– The Officer is responsible for the administration, maintenance and control of all the diving and related equipment including compressors, boats, outboard motors and all diving accessories on the project.
– To ensure that all volunteers, staff and host-country participants adhere to safe diving practices;
– To ensure that all project participants are deployed usefully and enjoyably
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Accommodation: Basic accommodation provided at field project
Travel: Contribution towards an international airfare (capped) plus internal travel as necessary to the fulfilment of duties.
Insurance: Employer’s liability insurance provided.
Subsistence: Food provided on project site. Subsistence allowance provided for time spent off project site.
Salary: £150-200 (per quarter) plus £150-200 end of contract bonus, dependent on experience, qualifications & availability.
Training: Pre-departure training provided.
How to ApplyTo apply please send your availability with CV and cover letter outlining your motivations for the role to email@example.com
338 total views, 1 today