Environment Field Communications Officer
This post is an opportunity for aspiring journalists to gain experience of content and media production and management while on an overseas conservation or community volunteering project. The role would suit someone aiming to work as a travel journalist or in media/content production for a NGO.
To assist the London-based Online Content Editor and marketing department by producing engaging editorial and media content according to various targets and requirements. To show initiative in looking for opportunities to increase the exposure of the project that the Officer is working on.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
– Submit video and photographic content to London HQ regularly, fulfilling at least the specified weekly targets
– Submitting regular editorial updates on the project
– Liaising with volunteers to identify those who are suitable for involvement in content production or social media involvement either during or after their project
– Looking for opportunities to promote the project that may not be apparent to UK-based content/marketing staff
– Procuring a specified amount of positive online reviews of the project from volunteers
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Update individual project / country Facebook page, Twitter account, and Instagram page
– Manage comments posted to the social media accounts
– Write regular expedition updates and insights into the projects
– Obtain appropriate images/videos for social media, blog updates and any other marketing material
– Collect volunteer blogs, stories, case studies and quotes for HQ as well as quotes and blogs from in-country partners
– Secure high ranking reviews from volunteers
– Give welcome and debriefing content/media talks to volunteers
Other activities may include:
– Producing summaries of achievements
– Create positive media coverage in-country
– Organise and participate in profile-raising events in-country
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Contract Duration:3-6 months
Accommodation: Basic accommodation provided whilst at the field project site.
Travel: In-country ground travel costs to be provided.
International flights to be self-funded.
Participation fee: Participation fee of £500 per quarter, depending on project location. To be paid by staff member to cover in-country expenses.
Training: Pre-departure training provided.
How to ApplyIn order to apply send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your availability and indicating in the subject the job you are applying for.
547 total views, 1 today