Trek & Backpack Field Specialist – Wisconsin
Field Specialist is a core member of the NVW Field Leadership team. The Field Specialist supports all aspects of field operations.
• This position holds a minimum requirement of 1 night/3 days in the field per week.
Oversight of field operations and logistics:
• Training, mentoring, and support of field staff.
• Ensure physical and emotional safety for all staff and students;
• Assist in placement, travel details, and needs of each group
• Assist in enrollments, discharges, observers, and tours as needed.
• Ensure that the program Policies and Procedures are being followed at all times.
• Ensure appropriate and effective behavioral interventions are in place in cooperation with the Clinical Team.
• Work to sustain NVW Core Values and Clinical Modality.
• Fill in as field staff as needed based on scheduling needs, and/or staff and student crises.
• Field Specialist will be on call with cell phone and radio and be available to respond to field crisis situations, provide on-call field support assistance to field instructors, and on occasion receive nightly check-ins from field staff.
Any other duties as assigned by Program Director or Executive Director.
• The Field Specialist must hold a BS/BA degree in related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the adventure or outdoor field with at-risk youth, or comparable experience.
• Must possess and maintain current Wilderness First Responder and CPR certification and must have completed company provided SCM (Safe Crisis Management) or ICC non-violent crisis intervention training.
• Excellent leadership, communication and problem solving skills.
• Ability to lift and carry 50+ pounds for extended durations
• Must be able to pass a Background Criminal Investigation.
• Must hold a valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
How to ApplyTo Apply: visit NewVisionWilderness.com/employment page to apply for appropriate position
75 total views, 1 today