Other Outdoor Gardener
We are looking for an amateur or professional gardener to manage and oversee the development of our all-organic gardens. We are building a fully-sustainable hospitality system, in terms of providing food to our guests and volunteers and would love your expertise to guide us to that goal.
Ratna Ling Retreat Center is a non-profit retreat facility and intentional community located in the beautiful coastal redwoods of Sonoma County in northern California. Grounded in Tibetan Buddhist tradition and supported by a spiritual community of like-minded people dedicated to service to humanity, this 6 month residential volunteer opportunity allows our skills and enthusiasm to flourish.
The right person for this job is healthy, strong, loves to work independently, well organized, and has some experience with planning and managing large gardens. One will also learn and practice essential communication and cooperation with our kitchen staff, as well as some maintenance and irrigation of some of the site landscaping.
As a Ratna Ling Volunteer you will receive:
– Living allowance of $150 per month.
– Housing in modern cabins (2 person occupancy) with a private bath, outdoor deck and gas fireplace.
– Free laundry facilities, WI-FI and domestic phone calls.
– Delicious vegetarian meals prepared six days per week
– Evening classes covering a variety of Buddhist studies, some classes are guided, others are considered self-study with materials provided
– Opportunity to engage in an environment where meaningful work and self-development are valued.
– Clean, fresh air, wide open spaces, natural beauty, close proximity to hiking trails and the Pacific Ocean.
-The support of a caring, actively engaged community that encourages and builds meaningful interpersonal relationships.
As part of our program, volunteers have the opportunity to participate in classes related to Buddhist practice and study in the areas of Skillful Means (how work can be a path to inner knowledge), Kum Nye (a style of Tibetan yogic practices), Buddhist history and philosophy, Meditation and more. Some classes are guided, while others are self-study with materials provided.
We are seeking people who have an interest in exploring work as a path to inner freedom. Our weekly schedule is rigorous (6 days a week) and rewarding!
How to ApplyVisit our website at volunteer.ratnaling.org for more information and to find our application. You can also find us on Facebook at Ratna Ling Volunteer. Submit application and resume to email@example.com.
1030 total views, 1 today