Other Outdoor Hancock Field Station Program Coordinator
Hancock Field Station Program Coordinator
Seasonal, Full Time
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a Hancock Field Station Coordinator, who will focus on coordinating with schools during Outdoor School and responsible for summer logistics as well as teach the Hancock curriculum to visiting schools and groups. This position requires living on-site near Fossil, Oregon at Hancock Field Station.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation’s top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. OMSI owns and operates two residential camps; the Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray in Newport, OR, and Hancock Field Station near Fossil, OR. The camps are in operation from February through November, and we are proud to be the largest museum-based outdoor education program in the country. Each camp employs year-round managers, as well as a seasonal program coordinator, seasonal cooks, and a small seasonal educator team of about 6-10 individuals.
What you’ll do:
The Hancock Field Station Program Coordinator will assist the Hancock Field Station Manager as well as teach field studies, interest groups, evening programs, or traveling programs.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 9 months working as an instructor for a residential outdoor education program.
• Experience working with youth in an educational setting.
• Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
• Combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Oregon Food Handler’s Card (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Current Wilderness First Responder (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License w/ air break and passenger endorsement (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Must pass pre-employment checks, such as an American Camp Association check, criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Record check, and reference checks.
• $85 – $95.50 per day + Room & Board
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
We invite all applicants interested in impacting the community and our future generations to apply to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/283674.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes January 15, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply Here: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/283674.html
358 total views, 1 today