Other Outdoor High Ropes Specialist
• Works with the On-Site Program Coordinator to see that all high ropes elements are certified for the season.
• Adheres to all standardized commands and procedures for safe and proper use of all high challenge elements.
• Facilitate in-services throughout the summer for all staff certified on the High Ropes course.
• Supervise and support all certified staff working on the High Ropes course.
• Ensures that all program equipment is in safe and working order prior to each use.
• Regularly inspects challenge courses and equipment, and maintains written records of inspections and repairs.
• Facilitates all groups on the high challenge courses
• Assists in facilitating team elements for Main Camp cabins or Teen programs as time permits.
• Actively participates in Main Camp programs as time permits.
• Reports maintenance needs, to the Property Manager.
• Submits a final program and equipment report with suggestions for the future.
• Responsible for Main Camp Overnights
o Develops overnight menu options and works with the Food Services Director to order appropriate food.
o Assigns Main Camp cabins for appropriate overnights and distributes the meal and equipment choice forms.
o Works with the Dining Hall Steward to pack out the food for Main Camp overnights.
o Checks out, and back in, the gear for Main Camp overnights. Ensures that gear is clean and/or dry.
o Leads overnights, or checks on groups that are out on their overnights.
o Ensures that there is a system in place for verifying that the overnight sites are clean and well-maintained.
• Maintains the cleanliness of the living space and office space to which he or she is assigned.
• Shares responsibility for supervision of AC nights out and subbing for SCs on nights out.
• Serves as a mentor to younger staff in general; specific assignments may also be made by your supervisor.
• Models, teaches, and upholds the Camp Echo Code of Conduct and protects the well-being of all campers.
• Shares responsibility of staffing layovers or bus duty with other staff members.
• Attends vehicle safety sessions with full time staff prior to driving any camp vehicle.
• Maintains positive relationships with campers, parents and other staff.
• Encourages physical, emotional and spiritual growth and positive character development in all campers
• Practices cultural humility, striving to actively learn about and be sensitive to cultures different than their own
• Prepared to do anything else deemed necessary by the Camp Director.
How to Applyhttp://www.mcgawymca.org/campecho/work-at-camp/staff-application-2/
165 total views, 4 today