Other Outdoor International French Instructor
French Instructors Wanted to Teach Summer Courses in France and the West Indies!
Over the past twenty years, Broadreach has taken more than 17,000 students on our study abroad programs to over 40 countries. With programs for middle school, high school and college aged students, Broadreach courses span the globe exploring extraordinary destinations and fascinating topics through hands-on instruction, field research and service learning.
Critical to our success is our team of knowledgeable program leaders who inspire students, foster personal growth and cultivate leadership development. Broadreach instructors prioritize safety and risk management while also serving as mentors and friends to their students. They are engaging, energetic, and fun role models who enjoy building meaningful relationships with students. Leading a Broadreach program is a rewarding, fulfilling, exciting, and demanding position.
French Instructors teach a college level language course that focuses on French language development and increasing awareness of social, environmental and cultural issues in the communities we visit. Our programs combine classroom learning, practical application of skills, home stays, cultural activities, and service learning activities. Instructors also participate in adventure activities with students from rafting to surfing to hiking and more. Programs can be mentally and physically taxing for students and instructors which makes maintaining a positive attitude key.
Programs are limited to 12 students and led by two instructors. In addition to teaching the curriculum, the French instructor works with their co-leader to supervise students 24/7, facilitate group dynamics, lead games and community service activities, and other program tasks. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun, positive and cohesive community are all important requirements.
· Master degree or PhD in French language.
· Experience teaching French at the high school or college level.
· Ability to teach college level science courses including hands-on academics outside of a classroom.
· Experience facilitating a group and understanding group dynamic concepts.
· Passionate about mentoring and motivating students and fostering cultural learning.
· Good physical health and stamina to actively participate and encourage students throughout program duration.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative mindset.
· Great communication skills. We work with a variety of stakeholders in diverse locations and seek someone with a professional demeanor to serve as Broadreach ambassadors to our international partners throughout the world.
· Knowledge of host country and cultural norms or a willingness to learn and passion to share this information with students.
· Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, North Carolina in early June.
· International travel and trip leading experience preferred.
· Experience or comfort with hiking, rafting, kayaking, sailing, snorkeling and other outdoor activities.
· Open availability from early June to early August strongly preferred.
How to ApplyTo apply: please submit your resume and availability to www.broadreachstaff.com
78 total views, 3 today