Other Outdoor Kitchen Assistant
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Employment Classification: Seasonal, Part-time
Pay Status: $12 per hour
Start Date: Mid-January, 2018; Flexible
Hours: Varies per week, based on programming
Reports To: Chef and Assistant Chef
Keystone Science School Mission:
Keystone Science School educates youth and adults to broaden perspectives and foster appreciation for engaged citizenship. We accomplish this through meaningful and collaborative learning experiences in the natural mountain environment that incorporate non-biased scientific inquiry, leadership development, civic engagement, and academic rigor.
The employees of Keystone Science School collectively work for the Mission, and truly live the Vision and Values! We offer competitive health and welfare benefits, and employee housing (based on the position offered). Our campus is located at 9,200 feet on the site of Old Keystone Village in Keystone, Colorado. Our historic 23-acre campus serves as the ultimate outdoor laboratory and is the home base for our diverse suite of programs. Our facilities include modern log-style dormitories, a central dining hall, an outdoor amphitheater, a state-of-the-art observatory and geothermal field. Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Program Overview and Job Summary:
The Kitchen Assistant is a part-time position responsible for assisting the Chefs with food preparation and cleaning responsibilities pertaining to health and safety. The Kitchen Assistant may work independently without the direct supervision of the Chefs in preparing all aspects of clients’ meals and serving “family style.” In addition to food preparation the Kitchen Assistant is to see that all parts of the kitchen and food service areas are kept clean by following daily and periodic cleaning lists.
Our ideal candidate will focus on the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Preparation of food;
• Serve meals to clients;
• Preparation and service of beverages to clients;
• Wash and dry all dishes used in preparation and service, and ensure their proper storage;
• Clean all areas of preparation and service;
• Ensure a high level of health and safety, cleanliness, and food hygiene, and ensure that safe working practices are followed;
• Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activitie,s and respond positively to new and alternative systems;
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the position;
• Other duties as assigned.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
• Must possess an intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action;
• Additionally, we require and expect this person to be disciplined in thinking that is clear, rational, open-minded, and informed by evidence;
• Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
• Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
• Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form;
• Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
• Superior customer service skills with the ability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’;
• Strong command of communication, writing, and organizational skills;
• Effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
• Ability to work in a busy environment with many distractions;
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
• No food service experience necessary;
• Current First Aid and CPR certification, or the ability to obtain before the first day of employment;
• Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license;
• Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
The physical demands of this position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or hold objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Our work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the employee to work in close contact with his/her teammates. The office space is small and the employee must have the ability to stay focused while others are working in close proximity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but varies seasonally due to programs and staffing on campus.
How to ApplyReady to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now! Please submit the Employment Application found on the Keystone Science School Employment Page at www.KeystoneScienceSchool.com/Employment. Application material will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. For further information, please contact the Human Resources department at HR@KeystoneScienceSchool.org.
390 total views, 1 today