Other Outdoor Lead Cook
What you’ll do:
• Oversee kitchen preparations and the daily operations, including monitoring Camp Cook breaks.
• Responsible for nutritious menu planning for Outdoor School and Summer Science Camps groups of up to
170 participants, ensuring sustainable food practices.
• Coordinate all lunch preparations.
• Train Camp Cooks on kitchen operations, including equipment usage.
• Under the direction of the Coastal Discovery Center Manager, lead inventory control, food ordering, and
daily prep task lists for Camp Cook.
• Provide meal preparation support to the Camp Cook.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary environment, keeping in compliance with the Oregon Health Code and American
Camp Association standards.
What you’ll need:
• Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety.
• Ability to adhere recipes to requested dietary needs and food allergies.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong time management skills with self-initiative to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to promote teamwork and collaboration.
• Working knowledge of menu planning, with an emphasis on vegetarian entrees and knowledge of dairy
free, gluten free and vegetarian cooking recipes and techniques.
• Working knowledge of budgeting and food purchasing.
• High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education; minimum 1 year of
coordination and project management skills; minimum 2 years of cooking in commercial kitchens
• Valid driver’s license and valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate
• Must be at least 18 years old to operate, repair or clean power-driven food slicers, grinders, choppers and
• Must pass all pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, American
Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy
including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
How to ApplyCompensation Package: • Hourly rate between $12.60 - $14.23 depending on experience. • Competitive health benefits. • Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay! Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/113830.html to apply! OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
58 total views, 1 today