Other Outdoor Lead Cook
1 position available, scheduled to work February 2019 – early November 2019
Bring your kitchen experience to plan menus, buy food, and lead kitchen staff and volunteers at Camp Hancock, owned by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI). Give kids and visitors the energy they need to explore the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, learn about starry skies, and understand desert ecology by ensuring they receive delicious and nutritious snacks and meals.
What you’ll do:
• Oversee kitchen preparations and the daily operations, recommendations to management and troubleshooting equipment and operational issues.
• Responsible for nutritious menu planning for Outdoor School and Summer Science Camps groups of up to 110 participants, ensuring sustainable food practices.
• Lead inventory control, food ordering, and daily prep task lists for Camp Cook.
• Provide meal preparation/cooking support to the Camp Cook.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary environment, keeping in compliance with the Oregon Health Code and American Camp Association standards.
What you’ll need:
• Working knowledge of meals that are nutritious and well balanced, which incorporate fresh foods and made from scratch.
• Demonstrated knowledge of kitchen tools and equipment safety.
• Working knowledge of menu planning and preparation for special dietary needs.
• Working knowledge of budgeting and food purchasing.
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to follow recipes and improvise when necessary.
• Ability to repurpose leftover food into new dishes.
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent coordination and project management skills, including ability to work independently and manage time with minimal guidance.
• Minimum of 2 years of cooking in commercial kitchens.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Possess valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate and valid Driver’s License.
• Pass all pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and requirement in the MVR policy including passing Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check.
• Daily rate between $90 – $95 per day, depending on experience.
• Onsite Room and Board available.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/283602.html to apply!
Position closes February 1, 2019. OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply Here: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/283602.html
514 total views, 1 today