Other Outdoor Lodge Crew
Live and work in the heart of Pinkham Notch, a multi-sport outdoor destination unlike any other! From your front door, hike New England’s tallest peak or mountain bike nearby trail networks – the outdoor adventure you’re looking for awaits! If this sounds like a destination for you, then consider joining our team!
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC), America’s oldest conservation, education and recreation organization, is now searching for Lodge Crew! Our Lodge Crew is responsible for providing a warm, welcoming and safe atmosphere for all guests. This includes maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of facility grounds and buildings as well as the setup, serving and cleanup of meals.
This is a full-time, seasonal, non-exempt, hourly position that is available all seasons. The standard work schedule is eight hours per day, five days per week with a variety of morning, mid-day and evening shifts. Days off are arranged midweek so that all staff work weekends. We would love to hear from candidates who want to make a career with AMC and have enthusiasm for our programs and mission!
Housing and meals are available at a minimal cost to employees 18 years of age or older, however, space is limited so don’t delay in applying and reserving your spot now!
– Welcome and assist guests, visitors, members and others in a positive manner, responding to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
– Interact with guests regarding educational information and opportunities and AMC memberships.
– As an active member of the Lodge Crew team, contribute to the overall success of the kitchen/dining area and the lodge as outlined below.
– Clean and sanitize all food service and dining areas on a daily basis.
– Daily snack bar/deli upkeep, prep and service of customers.
– Follow instructions and support supervisory cooks on duty in preparing the daily meals.
– Assist in the preparation, set up and break down of coffee breaks and receptions.
– Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms of the Joe Dodge Lodge and other buildings.
– Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
– Assist with custodial tasks when needed, including snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance.
– Exceptional customer service skills.
– Ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
– Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
– Prior kitchen/dining experience and/or housekeeping experience, however, will train as necessary!
– Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest and enthusiasm for AMC programs and mission.
Employee Perks: Benefits include a 30% discount on all merchandise sold at AMC facilities and in AMC catalogs, access to various pro deals that help you purchase gear at deeply reduced rates, a one-year AMC membership and 4 free nights for you and your immediately family members at AMC facilities.
How to ApplyNow accepting applications! Please submit your cover letter and resume to AMCHR@outdoors.org. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results. The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!
505 total views, 1 today