Environment Logistics Assistant
The Great Basin Institute seeks two Logistics Assistant to support our field programs in Northern Nevada. The Logistics Assistant will perform office and field related functions and duties to help support GBI’s fleet of vehicles, hand tools, and support equipment, as well as support GBI field crew needs. This person will assist in maintaining accurate inventories, tracking program monthly purchasing and budget updates, maintain tools and vehicles to the best of their ability; seeking out professional help when necessary. The Logistics Assistants will ensure that all repairs are completed in a timely manner and that all issues are documented and responded to appropriately.
Reports To: GBI Logistics Coordinator and GBI Program Directors
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Monitor monthly inventory of all tools, equipment, personal protective equipment, first aid supplies, and uniforms used by field crews;
• Assist Logistics Coordinator and Program Staff with the delivery and check in/out of gear and vehicles;
• Participate in weekly rig up and derig of field crews;
• Assist Logistics Coordinator and Program Staff with driver and UTV training;
• Participate in crew extraction with the support of Program Staff and Logistics Coordinator;
• Coordinate and facilitate preventative vehicle maintenance;
• Support training of proper tool and equipment use and maintenance;
• Assist in maintenance of facilities; and
• Participate in weekly Logistics and Program meetings to ensure tasks are being carried out.
February/March 2021 to November 2021
This position will report to the Great Basin Institute headquarters located at 16750 Mt Rose Hwy, in Reno, NV.
Compensation and Benefits:
• $14.57-$15.85 per hour DOE
• Paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
• Paid health insurance, with optional vision and dental insurance
• Valid, state-issued driver’s license;
• Familiarity driving 4WD vehicles on pavement and off-road;
• Experience driving/backing a trailer desired but not required;
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and data entry, desirable;
• Ability to lift 50lbs;
• Ability to multi-task and troubleshoot on a daily basis;
• Strongly developed organizational skills and ability to self-motivate;
• Experience with vehicles and small engines is desirable but not required;
• Experience operating hand tools, chainsaws, generators, and other tools related to conservation projects is desired but not required;
• Must be able serve on a flexible schedule including evenings, early mornings, and weekends;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with a diverse audience;
• Occasional field time and camping may be required;
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
How to ApplyQualified and interested applicants should follow this link to apply directly through our online portal: https://www.vscyberhosting.com/greatbasin/careers.aspx?rf=TAM&req= 2021-GBI-005
283 total views, 2 today