Trek & Backpack Logistics Assistant
ITeen Wilderness Adventures are 5-20 day backcountry trips for teenagers age 12-18. The Logistics Assistant works with the Logistics Coordinator and all field staff to ensure that Field Instructors have the support needed to facilitate successful outdoor education trips for teens. All trips are over-night, multi-day expeditions and take place either in the backcountry or base camping out of forest service or national park campgrounds. The Teen Wilderness Adventures Logistics Assistant will experience firsthand all facets of wilderness programming for teenagers. The Logistics assistant role is integral to ensuring that all field programs run smoothly.
Teen Wilderness Adventures values diversity, equity and inclusion. We are working to create a team that is representative of the populations that we serve and thus welcome hardworking individuals from all backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, and abilities.
See our website for details about the program:www.outdoors.org/teenwilderness.
Support the logistical needs of Teen Wilderness Adventures Programming: Including gear inventory, resupplies, issues and de-issues, general gear maintenance.
Administrative support including screening and filing of participant registration paperwork.
Support student evacuations from the field or other field requests for support as needed.
Perform scheduled trip leader duties (may be scheduled for 1 or 2 courses over the summer) and fill in for unexpected field instructor absences with little or no notice.
Support vehicle/transportation needs for trip starts, ends, transitions, and resupplies.
• Logistical skills for outdoor program planning and delivery, including meal planning, equipment management, and route selection.
• High level of organization, time management, and task management skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of outdoor skills, Leave No Trace, and basic natural history.
• Demonstrated experience teaching youth in an overnight, outdoor program.
• Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively.
• Current Wilderness First Aid (WFA), WFR or WEMT and CPR, or the ability to obtain these certifications prior to the start of this position.
• Work requires frequent backcountry travel. Requires ability to hike 3 – 8 miles per day on uneven terrain, carrying a backpack and other equipment up to 40 pounds, in all weather conditions. Ability to travel alone in the backcountry.
• Familiarity with the White Mountains is preferred.
• 21+ years of age.
• Satisfactory driving record and background check, as verified by state record check and DOT Physical.
• Be part of a talented and energetic team of outdoor leaders.
• Professional development through participation high quality staff trainings.
• 30% discount on all merchandise sold at AMC facilities.
• AMC membership.
• 4-complimentary bed nights at AMC facilities.
• Pro-deals with outdoor gear companies.
June 3rd – August 22nd
Starting Pay: $10/hour, typically at 8 hours a day. Standard schedule is 5 days on, 2 days off, but subject to change for field time, may require regularly scheduled days on weekends. Optional room and board available for $45/week.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=7f5e3e73-653e-43e5-92f9-d8cdc593518a&ccId=1125625467_1842&jobId=258251&lang=en_US&source=CC4
237 total views, 1 today