Other Outdoor Marketing and Development Internship
Position Title: Marketing and Development Internship
Classification: Internship (40hrs/week)
Pay Status: $1,000 stipend and a rent allocation if applicable
Start/End Dates: June 5 – August 11 (end date flexible through end of August), 2017
Reports To: Marketing and Development Director
Keystone Science School Mission: Keystone Science School educates youth and adults to broaden perspectives and foster appreciation for engaged citizenship. We accomplish this through meaningful and collaborative learning experiences in the natural mountain environment that incorporate non-biased scientific inquiry, leadership development, civic engagement and academic rigor.
The team at Keystone Science School collectively work for the Mission, and truly live the Vision and Values! Our campus is located at 9,200 feet on the site of Old Keystone Village in Keystone, Colorado. Our historic 23-acre campus serves as the ultimate outdoor laboratory and is the home base for our diverse suite of programs. Our facilities include modern log-style dormitories, a central dining hall, an outdoor amphitheater, a state-of-the-art observatory and geothermal field. Visit KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Keystone Science School’s strong brand is built on a longstanding reputation of providing high-quality educational and character-building programs to youth and adults for over 40 years. The Marketing and Development Intern works with the Marketing and Development team to execute the fundraising and communications goals of the organization. The most successful candidate in this position will be a good listener and a fast learner, willing to enhance the mission of KSS through hands-on learning, superb attention to detail and exceptional writing/communication skills.
The Keystone Science School Marketing and Development Internship is a developmental position with the goal of mentoring future Marketing and Development nonprofit professionals. The internship is based on a two-tiered approach to include a mentoring component and multifaceted hands-on learning components. The selected intern will gain a deeper understanding and experience with organizational branding, event management strategies, communication, marketing strategies, and donor management tools. Mentoring will happen through hands-on learning and in-depth interviews of leaders within the Summit County community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The main areas of focus for this position are:
o 40% Communication Management
o 60% Event and Donor Management
• Assist Marketing and Development Coordinator to distribute special events and program information both internally and externally to include flyers, postcards and general KSS marketing information;
• Maintain and update marketing boards and information on a weekly basis in Rives Dining Hall;
• Provide administrative support for our four program areas including mailings, marketing, and other communication initiatives.
• Provide administrative support for special events including data management, mailings, marketing, and other communication initiatives;
• Work closely with the Marketing and Development team to improve KSS’s Dos Locos Silent Auction and new events to support the Annual Fund;
• Track event volunteer hours;
• Participate on events committees and effectively work with the committee members to ensure successful event execution;
• Maintain event databases to include invite lists and auction item tracking;
• Utilize Google Docs to input event participation and tracking of auction item;
• Manage in-kind donations for special events including tracking and gift acceptance forms.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
• Effective communication and writing skills;
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
• Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
• Excellent ‘people person’ with the ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
• Ability to work in a busy environment with many distractions;
• Committed to continuous learning;
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), experience with Google Docs.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
• Attained or in the process of attaining a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
• Current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment;
• Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license.
There is minimal travel required outside of Summit County.
Salary or Stipend:
KSS Marketing and Development Internship is a position which offers a $1,000 stipend and a $250/month rent stipend.
How to ApplyWant to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now! Please visit our employment page at www.KeystoneScienceSchool.org to complete our online application and upload your resume and cover letter. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. *****POSITIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL FILLED***** Keystone Science School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
266 total views, 2 today