Other Outdoor Marketing Coordinator
Eagle’s Nest Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit organization located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, focused on the mission of: Experiential education for young people, promoting the natural world and the betterment of human character.
The Marketing Coordinator of Eagle’s Nest Foundation is responsible for coordinating the marketing and promotional efforts between Eagle’s Nest Camp, Hante Adventures, The Outdoor Academy, and the Development Office as well as creating print, photographic, video and social media content for each.
The Marketing Coordinator works with all programs to promote and effectively tell the story and impact of experiential education and the young people who benefit from a session of camp or a semester at The Outdoor Academy (OA).
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, and implementation of marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external, for Eagle’s Nest Foundation (ENF). This position will be based from the Pisgah Forest campus and will serve the marketing and social media needs of Eagle’s Nest programs (Eagle’s Nest Camp, The Outdoor Academy, Hante Adventures, and the ENF Development Office). The position is a full-time, year-round position, reporting to the Executive Director.
1. Responsible for coordinating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program for Eagle’s Nest Foundation and its programs (Eagle’s Nest Camp, The Outdoor Academy, Hante Adventures, and with the Development Office including Donor/Alumni Relations).
2. Ensure unification and consistency of brand and messaging in all marketing, communications, and public relations activities across the Foundation.
3. Oversee systems for coordinating marketing efforts including marketing calendars, e-mail, mail, and social media schedules.
4. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of ENF’s semi-annual publication, The Eagle, and in conjunction with marketing staff in each unit, other print and electronic materials such as brochures, flyers, and banners.
5. Coordinate media interest in ENF programs and ensure regular contact with target media. Coordinate response to media requests.
6. Coordinate and oversee market research; monitor and report trends.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Social and Digital Media
1. Maintain strong and effective web presence on the Eagle’s Nest website and on social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr, iContact, etc.). Provide monthly reports on website analytics.
2. Work with the Website Manager/ IT Administrator to maintain proper security for each site.
3. Coordinate submissions and posting of blogs for each program on a defined schedule.
4. Coordinate with Wilderness Program Manager (Camp, Hante) and Outdoor Programs Coordinator (The Outdoor Academy) to shoot video and photos during outdoor programming including backpacking, white water paddling, and rock climbing.
5. Oversee the creation and posting of videos of programs in session on a regular schedule as defined by the master marketing calendar.
6. Photograph and post photos of The Outdoor Academy in session (or delegate) on a regular schedule. Coordinate with the Camp Program Manager – Marketing for photographing and posting of photos during the summer camp season.
7. In coordination with the Website Manager assist programs with website updates and overall look and feel of the website following all brand standards and guidelines.
8. Assist with design of promotional presentations for all programs.
Planning and budgeting
1. With the Directors of Program develop and execute budgets for the Eagle’s Nest marketing, communications, and public relations programs.
2. Schedule and lead monthly marketing meetings for the Foundation
3. Lead the Promotions Team in developing and achieving organizational goals and objectives with all matters concerning public outreach and marketing.
1. Assist with Alumni outreach and coordination efforts with all programs including the Development Office.
2. Work with each program, the Development Office, and Website Manager on developing and updating the structure and content of ENF’s Alumni web pages.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Marketing and social media skills: Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
Organization and Attention to Detail: Able to plan, track and proof projects. Experience developing and managing budgets.
Verbal and written communication skills: Able to write effective social media postings and communicate effectively with staff, alumni, and future program participants and parents.
Computer Skills: Computer literacy in word processing, database management, photo and video editing, design and layout programs, and social media platforms.
Education/Work Experience required: Minimum two years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULE
1. Office hours are between 9:00-5:00 Monday through Friday. Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekend hours as needed to fulfill program demands of the position. Lunch provided when programs are in session.
2. Ability to work in an active environment on a large campus that includes walking trails, stairs, occasional hiking, canoeing, or climbing trips.
3. The ability to lift heavy items and boxes occasionally is required.
4. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Eagle’s Nest provides a twelve-month salary for full-time, year-round employees and faculty, contributory healthcare benefits, retirement plans, paid time off, Camp and OA discounts for dependent children, and pro deals. Specific benefits are outlined in the employment contract.
How to ApplyTO APPLY Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Attention: Andrea Haulk, HR Manager Eagle’s Nest Foundation 43 Hart Road Pisgah Forest, NC 28768 www.enf.org Eagle’s Nest Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disabling condition or sexual orientation
315 total views, 1 today