Other Outdoor Marketing Manager
The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external, for Eagle’s Nest Foundation (ENF). This position will be based from the Pisgah Forest campus and will serve the marketing and social media needs of Eagle’s Nest programs (Eagle’s Nest Camp, The Outdoor Academy, and Hante Adventures). The position reports to ENF’s Executive Director.
Duties of the Position:
1. Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program for Eagle’s Nest Foundation and its programs (Eagle’s Nest Camp, The Outdoor Academy, Hante Adventures, and with the Development Office including Donor/Alumni Relations).
2. Ensure unification and consistency of brand and messaging in all marketing, communications, and public relations activities across the Foundation.
3. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of ENF’s semi-annual publication, The Eagle, and in conjunction with marketing staff in each unit, other print and electronic materials such as brochures.
4. Coordinate media interest in ENF programs and ensure regular contact with target media. Coordinate response to media requests.
5. Coordinate and oversee market research; monitor and report trends.
Social and Digital Media
1. Maintain strong and effective web presence on the Eagle’s Nest website and on social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr, iContact, etc.). Provide monthly reports on website analytics.
2. Coordinate with the Web Supervisor/Technology Coordinator to maintain proper security for each site.
3. Coordinate submissions and posting of blogs for each program on a defined schedule.
4. Coordinate with Wilderness Program Manager (Camp, Hante) and Outdoor Programs Coordinator (The Outdoor Academy) to shoot video and photos during outdoor programming including backpacking, white water paddling, and rock climbing.
5. Oversee the creation and posting of videos of programs in session on a regular schedule.
6. Photograph and post photos of programs in session (or delegate) on a regular schedule. –
7. In coordination with the Website Supervisor assist programs with website updates and overall look and feel of the website following all brand standards and guidelines.
8. Assist with design of promotional presentations for all programs.
Planning and budgeting
1. With the Directors of Program develop and execute budgets for the Eagle’s Nest marketing, communications, and public relations programs.
2. Schedule and lead monthly marketing meetings for the Foundation
3. Lead the Promotions Team in developing and achieving organizational goals and objectives with all matters concerning public outreach and marketing.
1. Assist with Alumni outreach and coordination efforts with the Development Director, Admissions Director and Camp Director.
2. Work with Development Director, Admissions Director, Camp Director and Website Coordinator on developing and updating the structure and content of ENF’s Alumni web pages.
1. Bachelor’s degree in applicable discipline or related field (journalism, marketing, public relations preferred)
2. Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities.
3. Experience developing and managing budgets.
4. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
5. Computer literacy in word processing, database management, photo and video editing, design and layout programs and social media platforms.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to work in an active environment on a large campus including walking trails, stairs, occasional hiking, canoeing or climbing trips.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in marketing, communications, or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the non-profit sector.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Andrea Haulk, HR Manager Eagle’s Nest Foundation 43 Hart Road Pisgah Forest, NC 28768 email@example.com Eagle’s Nest Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disabling condition or sexual orientation.
112 total views, 1 today