Other Outdoor Naturalist Residency
If you are looking for a place to learn, grow, and develop your teaching skills while in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, then this is the place for you!
During this 10-month program, Naturalist Residents will be mentored and trained by our very experienced Naturalists and Program Coordinators. Once trained, Naturalist Residents will teach science, cultural history, team building, belay high rope elements and facilitate a zip line. Additionally, paid training is provided throughout the year in areas including educational theory, classroom and group management, background in relevant sciences, local natural and cultural history, and job search counseling.
Sierra Outdoor School also has an impressive Raptor Center. Naturalist Residents will have the opportunity to learn non-releasable raptor management including feeding, handling, and teaching with the birds if this is an area of interest.
Benefits / Salary
• Each Naturalist Resident will have their own private bedroom in a shared house, no sleeping in dorms with students.
• Monthly stipend of $2,460
• Paid day to visit another educational program
• $150 towards a conference
• Pro-deals with select outfitters
• Live and work in the Sierra Nevada Mountains near Sonora, CA
Naturalist Residency Commitment: August 8, 2022 – June 9, 2023
• College degree in science, education, recreation, or a related field preferred. Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
• Previous experience working with children required. Grades 4th-6th preferred.
• Valid driver’s license, clear fingerprints and background check, and negative TB test.
• First aid and CPR required. WFA/WFR Certification beneficial, but not required.
• High ropes/climbing experience beneficial, but not required.
• Ability to hike up to five miles per day in all weather conditions and lift between 10 – 50 lbs.
• Self-motivated, positive, energetic, and passionate about teaching and the outdoors.
• Willingness to live on site, in shared housing, in a remote setting.
Questions? Contact Brandy Lively, Program Coordinator II, at 209-532-3691 or email@example.com.
Sierra Outdoor School website: http://sos.cusd.com
How to ApplyTo learn more about the Naturalist Internship position and apply go to sos.cusd.com/BecomeanIntern.aspx. Application Deadline: Until filled.
143 total views, 2 today