Other Outdoor Operations Manager
Empower Adventure Middleburg
Job Title: Operations Manager
EMPOWER Mission: Empower Adventure Middleburg is committed to delivering extraordinary customer experiences that promote self and team development. By creating a unique and stimulating environment, we provide the opportunity for individuals and groups to embark on a one of a kind adventure that will enhance their mental and physical fortitude. Coupled with the towering experimental learning elements, our curriculum-based programming will help people better manage the way they communicate and interact with others in team situations. Empower Adventure Middleburg will help equip individuals with the life skills necessary to transform the way people interact at work, school, home and in all walks of life.
Primary responsibilities will includes, but are not limited to the following:
The Operations Manager is responsible for supervision of canopy tour course operations; including but not limited to training, course maintenance, supervision of all seasonal guides/course personnel, and smooth and timely operation of the canopy tour. In addition, the Operations Manager is responsible for facilitation of select team building and leadership development programming. This position requires strong experience and knowledge of canopy tour operations and experience in developing and leading aerial and ground-based team building and leadership development adventure programming. All applicants will be required to undergo intense training with Empower Adventure Middleburg to be accepted for this position.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
The Operations Manager is an “at will” position and will report to the General Manager. Direct managerial responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Facilitation of select group programs; to include, but not limited to:
o Development of specific program plans of action including activities, alignment with program objectives, staffing requirements/responsibilities, and debriefing notes/comments
o Set-up and break-down of any and all equipment needs
o Pre-program meetings/preparation of any equipment/property needs
o Post-program debriefing with General Manager and participating seasonal guides
o Post-program follow-up with client
– Managing tour schedules and customer check-in
– Manage relationships with the Salamander Resort and Spa employees, especially those involved in booking activities.
– Effectively communicate information to all required staff and managers (both Empower and Resort if needed)
– Accountability/maintenance of all adventure equipment and gear
– Maintenance of courses/lanes/climbs/etc.
– Supervision and evaluation of guide teams/seasonal guides/part-time staff
– Assist General Manager and with Training/Certification courses
– Provide clear and concise leadership to entire staff to include seasonal guides under the direction of General Manager.
– College degree of equivalent
– CPR, first aid, AED certification
– Management experience in adventure tours is preferred
– Risk manager experience is required
– Computer skills (MS Excel, Word, etc.)
– Speaks fluent English and uses cordial manners at all times
– Maintains a professional appearance at all times and follows company policies
– Ability to work long hours and irregular shifts in a multi-task environment
– Must meet additional requirements set for canopy guides
– Ability to pass a background check
– Strong self-care skills and drug free
– Must have the ability to comfortably perform work at great heights
– Full range of overhead arm motions to pull at least two people along zip cable
– This position will required walking and standing for long periods of time
– This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow additional instructions, policies and standards set forth by the company.
How to ApplyInterested parties should send resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Trevon Hauth, General Manager Empower Adventure Middleburg (Trevon@empoweradventures.com).
598 total views, 8 today