Other Outdoor OSMP Trails Crew Lead
Overall Job Objective
*Please note, this is a 3/4 time fixed term position from February-December 2019, with opportunity for renewal**
Under general supervision, to lead and direct seasonal work crews and to perform a variety of skilled tasks; primarily to execute field work (70-90%), but occasionally to develop practice; to execute assigned responsibilities and implement seasonal work plans for the Visitor Access work group’s trail construction and stewardship program, consistent with department plans and policies and within a department-wide context that supports all chartered land uses and open space purposes; and to perform related duties as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Directs and leads seasonal staff activities for the Trail program.
• Plans, develops, and relays daily work plans for seasonal crews and ensures that directions are being followed.
• Remains alert to conditions and events occurring on the land system and anticipates needed actions and reports such needs to the supervisor.
• Conducts daily safety briefings and completes safety logs.
• Performs or coordinates necessary training for seasonal crews including writing equipment maintenance protocols, safe equipment and tool operation and all safety precautions.
• Ensures crews are conducting work efficiently, effectively, and in a safe and legal manner. Anticipates unsafe circumstances and takes precautions to prevent accidents.
• Resolves conflicts among crew members, maintains a positive team environment, and refers issues appropriately to their immediate supervisor.
• Ensures that crew members have necessary equipment and supplies and that tools, vehicles, and equipment are maintained in good working order.
• Maintains records of work performed, equipment and materials used, photo documentation of work and performs related duties as required by management to meet the needs of the City.
• May assist in coordinating and leading contractors, volunteers, jail crew, community service and/or interns.
2. Works in a collaborative manner to help implement the Trail program, which includes the following:
• Coordinates and performs trail construction and stewardship fieldwork and short-term deliverables to accomplish department goals.
• Conducts assigned responsibilities within the program to meet department goals, which may include trail maintenance and construction/replacement, project related outreach, implementation of the identified management practices, and monitoring.
• Collaborates with other staff to help implement trail construction and stewardship projects identified in OSMP plans.
• Works cooperatively with OSMP staff to implement best management practices and policies to accomplish department goals.
• Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers through careful listening and understanding of client issues and by communicating project proposals, specifications, and project statuses to ensure multiple management objectives are met.
• May contribute design recommendations and monitoring to help ensure department compliance with regulatory requirements related to program disciplines.
• Works as part of a team to coordinate staff response to issues related to program disciplines.
• Performs related duties as required to meet the needs of the city.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism and integrity; provides excellent customer services to internal and external customers; listens to questions and concerns, evaluates issues and possible solutions, works collaboratively with the OSMP and other city teams to find solutions to challenges that arise; inspires confidence and respect; uses feedback from others to grow and develop.
• Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all safety regulations, policies and procedures. Utilizes Job Hazard Analysis forms for all work tasks.
• Actively supports and upholds the city’s stated mission and values. Optimizes the use of resources; responsible for knowing and complying with all city and department policies; participating in professional trainings and development; and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies.
Generally, duties and responsibilities are listed from most to least critical or time consuming.
How to ApplyPlease apply on the City of Boulder's website (bouldercolorado.gov) under Job Opportunities.
242 total views, 2 today