Other Outdoor Outdoor Coordinator
The Maine Seacoast Mission seeks someone to lead outdoor and experiential activities for EdGE, its education program serving school-aged children in coastal Washington County, with a focus on grades 2-8.
Coastal Washington County is known as the “Bold Coast,” with an unspoiled coastline and exceptional recreational opportunities. Cherryfield is on the Narraguagus River and is an hour from Acadia National Park. This is a full-time, benefited position lasting from August 2019 through May 2020. Start and end dates are negotiable.
As part of the EdGE team, the Outdoor Coordinator will
• Plan and deliver challenge (ropes) course programming
• Plan and deliver outdoor adventure activities for the EdGE after-school program (grades k-8)
• Lead life-sport activities for all EdGE programs, including family engagement activities
• With the EdGE team, plan and deliver adventure and leadership activities for Marion Kane in-school program (grades 5-8)
• Collaborate with “Journey” coordinator to plan outdoor activities and provide support for “Journey” expeditions (grades 7-9)
• Plan and direct overnight trips during the school year
• Plan and direct an in-school mentoring program for 9th graders
• Ensure that all activities are carried out in a manner consistent with highest safety standards; use exceptional judgment
• Conduct basic record keeping and program evaluation
• Attend staff meetings
• Maintain outdoor equipment in safe, working order.
We are looking for someone with
• Ropes or challenge course training or experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership qualities
• Teaching experience and /or previous work with young people
• Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as motivate students and colleagues
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to relate to teens and younger children at various life stages, in groups and individually
• Desire to make a positive impact on children’s lives; caring, compassionate, creative
• Ability to help maintain a positive and safe environment for students and staff
• First-aid training
• A valid driver’s license
While these are not required, our ideal candidate would also have
• A post-secondary degree
• CPR certification
• Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification
• A Maine Guide’s license
Annual salary range $34,000 to $37,000.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin July 19 and continue until position is filled.
316 total views, 1 today