Other Outdoor Outdoor Education Program Coordinator
Outdoor Education Program Coordinator
Positions located in Newport, OR; outside Fossil, OR; and outside Tillamook, OR
$94.50 – $103.00 per day plus room and board
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking multiple Outdoor Education Program Coordinators to assist the Outdoor Science Education management team in successfully running OMSI Outdoors programs, including but not limited to, Outdoor School, Summer Science Camp, Rental Groups, and Family Weekends.
OMSI, a non-profit museum in Portland, OR, is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation’s top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches one million people each year. OMSI owns and operates two residential camps; the Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray in Newport, OR, and Hancock Field Station near Fossil, OR. Our full season camps are in operation from January through November. We also hold a spring season at Camp Meriwether near Tillamook, OR. We are proud to be the largest museum-based outdoor education program in the country.
What you’ll do:
The Outdoor Education Program Coordinator will focus on coordinating with schools during Outdoor School, summer program logistics, and teaching the OMSI Outdoors curriculum to visiting schools and groups from January through mid-November at Camp Gray or Hancock Field Station. A short season, January-May position is also available at Camp Meriwether. The positions require living on-site at either our Camp Gray location, our Hancock Field Station location, or the Camp Meriwether location.
What you’ll need:
• Demonstrated experience working as an instructor for an outdoor education program.
• Experience working with youth in an educational setting.
• Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
• Oregon Food Handler’s Card (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Current Wilderness First Responder (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Only at Camp Gray and Hancock Field Station: Valid Class B Commercial Driver License with air brake and passenger endorsements (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense)
• Must pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check and pre-employment drug test for the CDL Driver’s Policy.
• Room & Board.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay! (Full Season employees only)
• Oregon Sick time (Spring Season employees only)
How to ApplyWe invite all applicants interested in impacting the community and our future generations to apply to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/385568.html to learn more and apply. Position closes November 15, 2019. OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
470 total views, 2 today