Trek & Backpack Outdoor Educator / Instructor
Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) seeks well-rounded outdoor educators to facilitate value-forming experiences by promoting teamwork and leadership in challenging outdoor/wilderness environments. Instructors manage students ages 12 to adult in courses ranging from 5 to 60 days in the following activities: backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, and canoeing.
We are seeking committed staff to attend May training and work courses from June to August/September.
We have two basecamps.
1. Odin Falls (Redmond, Oregon) – rock climbing, whitewater rafting, backpacking, and mountaineering.
2. Mazama (Mazama, Washington) – canoeing, rock climbing, backpacking, mountaineering, and sea kayaking.
You may indicate a preference for working at either basecamp.
Applications open November 1st. Interviews begin in December. Work offers announced January-February. Training begins in early May.
• Meet our minimum technical standards in at least 2 of the following: backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering, whitewater rafting, sea kayaking, and/or canoeing
• One or more years of extensive and comparable outdoor/experiential experiences in risk management, technical, educational, and outdoor skills.
• Wilderness First Responder certification current or able to acquire prior to beginning work
• 21 years or older
• Background clearance
• Successful completion of training (tuition-free, 15 to 30 days in length)
Starting rate is $75/day with ability to advance in pay scale after training and promotions. While working, meals and housing are provided. While not working, staff can receive meals and housing in exchange for completing one hour of work/trade per day.
About Northwest Outward Bound School:
With over 50 years of innovation in experiential and outdoor education in the Pacific Northwest, Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) continues to change lives through challenge and discovery. Our transformative and educational wilderness courses are set in some of the most dramatic and stunning parts of the United States. NWOBS was founded in 1965 and facilitates wilderness-based programs in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and also serves urban youth and schools in the Portland metropolitan area. As an Outward Bound School, we are committed to the core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, equity, inclusion and diversity, and strive to achieve the following outcomes: building character, developing leadership skills, and creating an ethic of social and environmental responsibility.
How to ApplyGo to https://www.nwobs.org/connect/employment/field-positions-and-internships/
214 total views, 2 today