Other Outdoor Outdoor Science Instructor
Outdoor Science Instructor
Scheduled to work approximately September – November in Newport, OR
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
Do you have a passion for teaching, the outdoors, and science? Join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) team as an Outdoor Science Instructor and help inspire curiosity in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for children across the northwest. You’ll have access to miles of beaches, tide pools, and old growth forests while you educate kids about coastal ecology. As an Outdoor Science Instructor, you’ll participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Teach concept-based, natural science curriculum, utilizing a mix of outdoor and classroom settings for students K-12, as well as adult learners.
• Prepare daily lesson plans, and maintain equipment and teaching supplies for the program.
• Lead fall programs onsite, traveling or both. This includes driving a van or bus, teaching, dispensing medication, preparing meals, and campsite set up/breakdown.
What you’ll need:
• Experience working with youth in an educational setting.
• Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
• Combination of experience and education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree.
• Oregon Food Handlers Card (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Current Adult/child CPR/AED.
• Current Wilderness First Responder
• Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License w/ air brake & passenger endorsements (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense)*.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, reference checks, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and requirements in the MVR Policy including passing a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) check* and pre-employment drug test for the CDL Driver’s Policy*.
• Day rate between $68 – $75, depending on experience.
• Onsite living available, including shared staff quarters.
o Room and board provided during programming; room only during non-programming days.
• Competitive health benefits.
Want to join the OMSI team? Please visit http://www.omsi.edu/outdooredjobs to learn about the position and https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs to apply!
Position closes when filled.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyApply Here: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/347119.html
282 total views, 3 today