Other Outdoor Outdoor Science Program Coordinator – Remote
Outdoor Science Program Coordinator – Remote
$16.25 – $17.00 per hour
Special Project, Full-Time scheduled to work February 2021 – June 2021
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The OMSI Outdoor Science Program Coordinator is part of a passionate team of educators and learners committed to providing transformative concept-based outdoor science education experiences. The Program Coordinator will work with groups to coordinate Spring Outdoor School sessions, and connect with instructors and managers to maintain website resources. This unique digital position offers the opportunity to learn and share about the Pacific Northwest. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Act as the liaison between group leaders, teachers, the OMSI registrar, and OMSI Outdoors programming scheduling, and program follow-up
• Update and maintain resources for digital programming
• Recognize, mitigate, and respond to hazards to ensure a healthy and safe program for all participants
• Actively integrate diversity, equity, access and inclusion in all areas
• Previous work experience as an instructor in informal education
• Combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree
• Working knowledge of the concepts in Natural History and Ecology
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Excellent coordination and project management skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 25 Oregon attractions.
How to ApplyWe invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team. To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/510866.html. Position closes December 22, 2020. OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
396 total views, 2 today