Other Outdoor Part Time Back Up Resident
Eagle’s Nest Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to experiential education for young people promoting the natural world and the betterment of human character. Eagle’s Nest sponsors three programs: Eagle’s Nest Camp, a co-ed summer camp for children ages 6-17, Hante Adventures, an off-site adventure program for older campers, and The Outdoor Academy, a semester school for high-performing 10th grade students from across the country. The Outdoor Academy incorporates a college preparatory curriculum with environmental education, wilderness leadership, unique arts offerings, and regional studies in a small community setting. Up to 28 students from public and private schools attend our school in the mountains of North Carolina for one semester of their 10th grade year.
Backup Residents at The Outdoor Academy (OA) play a small but critical role in the effective functioning of our residential life program. During our full-time Residential Wilderness Faculty’s time off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Backup Residents are responsible for the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of the students. They must communicate actively with Residents to maintain consistency in the OA residential life program, foster a safe and nurturing environment in student dorm spaces, and confidently deal with personal and interpersonal issues that arise amongst the students. Based on interest, experience, and staffing needs, Backup Residents might also have an opportunity to participate in OA’s outdoor programming.
The Backup Resident position is a part-time position from mid-August to mid-May, reporting to the Dean of Students and the Director of The Outdoor Academy. The Backup Resident will remain on campus for the duration of his or her shift, from approximately 5:00pm until 8:30am the following morning. The Backup Resident’s primary duty is to ensure the safety and well-being of OA students by providing mature, responsible supervision.
General Residential Life Duties
1. Model positive community membership and help students to meet the expectations of the school as outlined in the student manual.
2. Actively communicate with the Dean of Students and the Residential Wilderness Faculty about any issues that arise during the shift so as to create continuity in information sharing and follow-through in student support.
3. Serve as an important support for students while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
4. Facilitate the evening and morning schedules
1. Supervise dorms overnight, ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
2. Supervise morning cleanup and monitor overall cleanliness of the dorm spaces.
3. Work with students to positively and productively resolve conflicts and personal issues, and communicate such issues to supervisors.
1. Attend meals when on duty and prepare evening snack
2. Facilitate breakfast preparation
3. Supervise students after meals to ensure that kitchen and dining areas are properly cleaned, sanitized, and organized.
• Experience with teenagers in a residential setting
• A commitment to transformative outdoor experiential education
• BS or BA degree, preferred
• Current CPR and First Aid certification or higher
• Semester school or study-abroad experience at secondary or collegiate level desirable
• Background Check post job offer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Eagle’s Nest provides flat daily rate, access to outdoor equipment pro deals, and food and lodging during shifts. Compensation for possible outdoor programming participation will be on a per diem basis. Specific benefits are outlined in the employment contract.
How to ApplyTO APPLY Send work history/resume, cover letter, and application form (found at http://www.enf.org/outdoor-academy/oa-employment/) to email@example.com. Attention: Andrea Haulk, Payroll & HR Manager Eagle’s Nest Foundation and Eagle’s Nest Camp 43 Hart Road Pisgah Forest, NC 28768 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org www.enf.org Eagle’s Nest Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disabling condition or sexual orientation.
127 total views, 6 today