Other Outdoor Recreation Manager
LOCATION: SOUTH WINDSOR, CONNECTICUT
DEPARTMENT: Empower Adventures Connecticut, LLC (EAC)
REPORTS TO: Empower President Dan Jaskot and Empower Founder Joe DeRing
STATUS: FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)
About EAC: Empower Adventures Connecticut, LLC (EAC) is an outdoor adventure park that includes over 80 different climbing elements and zip lines. The park consists of 6 different self-guided adventure trails which allow participants to choose their own skill level. The diverse experiences at Empower cater to a range of guests and groups from recreational “weekend warriors” to corporate team building clients to school groups and youth summer camps. Empower is determined to ensure every guest enjoys a fun and adventurous trek through the treetops. Using our guiding principles of 1.) 100% safe 100% of the time, 2.) compassionate and fun facilitators and staff and 3.) always provide exceptional customer service, the Empower team always endeavors to transform the customer experience into one that is more than just fun – it is empowering!
Empower is actively searching for an experienced and talented recreation manager to lead the operation at our park. While the role is challenging and requires the physical stamina and mental fortitude that comes with working in an outdoor adventure-based venue, it is also rewarding in that you will oversee fun recreational experiences that change the way people view challenge and fear in their lives. These factors and the Empower culture contribute to an uplifting work environment that have become the hallmark for the Empower brand in each of the communities we serve.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: The Recreation Manager is responsible for the financial and operating performance of EAC. The objectives for this position include:
– Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
– Creating a culture of accountability which supports the organizational values.
– Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
– Protect employees and customers by providing and maintaining a safe and clean environment
– Development of employee and operating policies.
– Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operations and personnel policies and procedures
– Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Plan, communicate and implement day of logistics for all programming
– Lead staff, and assign or delegate responsibilities to them.
– Establish responsibilities and coordinate functions among lead guides.
– Motivate staff to keep high energy and enthusiasm
– Represent the organization at local community events
– Lead staff to deliver superb customer service
– Management and leadership experience in the recreation industry.
– Operational knowledge of the following is preferred: adventure, sports, retail and merchandising, entertainment as well as parties, corporate events, and teambuilding.
– Prior experience managing adventure, sports, recreation or entertainment venue preferred
– A minimum of 2 years of management experience.
– Operational knowledge of risk management.
– Skilled at identifying and creating opportunities to deliver revenue goals.
– Bachelor’s degree in business management, sports management, recreation, marketing, hospitality or equivalent experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
– Must be able to lift 50 pounds overhead
– Must be able to wear zip line protective gear correctly most of the day
– Must be able to see and respond to unsafe situations
– Must be able to climb 70 steps up the adventure apparatus
– Must be able to work at heights between 30 and 60 feet off the ground
– Will be required to work outdoors most of the day
– May be required to stand for extended periods of time indoors or outdoors
– May be required to squat, stoop or bend
– Will be required to operate a computer
– Facility has noise and general commotion similar to what you would find at a local park
How to ApplyPlease submit resume and cover letter to Dayna@empoweradventures.com
342 total views, 2 today