Environment Ridgerunner – Maine Appalachian Trail Club
Ridgerunner Job Description:
• Meet, greet, register and educate hikers on the Appalachian Trail
• Impart Leave No Trace knowledge, ethics and skills to hikers focusing on youth groups and long distance backpackers, for example: where to camp, how to protect water sources, minimizing fire impacts, etc.
• Provide education about rare alpine plants and stewardship on summits and ridgelines
• Manage and provide light maintenance at campsites
• Deliver Leave No Trace awareness workshops at campsites to hiking groups
• Significant long distance hiking experience on the Appalachian Trail
• Leave No Trace knowledge, skills and ethics
• Public/customer service skills
• Good physical condition – able to hike with a 40 lb. backpack
• Desire and comfort with primitive, solitary, outdoor living and working conditions
• Practical arrangements for transportation and local days-off housing
Schedule: May 19 through October 13, 2018. All positions work on weekends and holidays, days off are mid-week.Pay: ranges from $12-$14/hour depending upon experience. Backpacking and camping gear will be provided for the season.
How to ApplyTo Apply: submit a letter, resume and references by email (“MATC Ridgerunners” in subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to those applying by 1/15/18.
626 total views, 1 today