Water River Program Associate
Description of Organization: ETC is a non-profit, volunteer-based organization that provides outdoor adventure and environmental education experiences for people of all abilities. ETC conducts Sea Kayak, Whitewater Rafting, and Cross Country Skiing trips for youth and adults from under-resourced backgrounds and people with disabilities as well as extended Youth Leadership Programs for disadvantaged youth.
Position Title: River Program Associate
Position Description: The River Program Associate is a full-time seasonal position (May-September) based at the ETC River Camp in Lotus, California. This position works with the Program Manager to ensure that program communication and administrative duties are successful, while also assisting with program operations. Duties include pre-trip and ongoing communication with participant groups, assisting the Program Manager in guide scheduling, and various office work tasks as needed. The Program Associate also guides whitewater rafting trips for diverse groups of participants. In addition, this position will support the Operations Manager in planning weekly staff meetings, and supervision of interns. This is a residential position at the ETC River Camp in Lotus, California. Also, opportunities to become part of the guiding team is available for someone with river experience!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Trip scheduling, communication, and outreach with participant groups, including pre-trip check-ins and post-trip follow-up.
• Prepare trip paperwork for Trip Leaders, and ensure accurate data entry.
• Assist in River Program office maintenance and organization.
• Assist Operations Manager in supervision of the River Program Field Internship, and in planning weekly staff meetings.
• Support Volunteer Guides and Trip Leaders
• Assist with the scheduling of Volunteer and Staff guides on trips
• Act as a guide on one to three day whitewater rafting trips for diverse groups of participants
• Assist in meal planning and food buy logistics
• Drive company vehicles and comply with Environmental Traveling Companions Driver’s Policies
• Assist Program Manager in continued program development
• Participate in program and self evaluation at mid-season and end of season
• Other duties as assigned
• Enthusiasm for sharing the outdoors with people of all abilities and backgrounds
• Well-organized, thoughtful and clear in communication
• Strong administrative skills (especially time-management, logistics, and problem-solving)
• Experience supervising staff and volunteers preferred
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks with deadlines
• Experience guiding paddle rafts and oar rafts preferred
• Current CPR and Wilderness First Aid certifications, WFR or WEMT preferred
• Start Date: Mid May 2020
• End Date: September 15, 2020
Commitment: 22 or 23 days per month, with 8 days off scheduled no later than the first day of the month
Reports To: River Program Manager
• Monthly salary, based on previous experience
• Tent platform living space and partial board
• Access to ETC river equipment for personal use, and access to various pro deals
• Ongoing training opportunities, including Swiftwater Rescue Training
Criminal Background Check: Employment with ETC is contingent upon a criminal background check
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Employment with ETC is contingent upon a motor vehicle record check
Work & Living Location: River Program staff live on covered, open-air platforms at the ETC River Camp in Lotus,CA
How to ApplyTo Apply: Submit cover letter and resume with three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “River Program Associate application”.
311 total views, 1 today