Water Sea Kayak Program Manager
Organization: Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) is a nonprofit organization that makes the joy and challenge of outdoor adventures accessible to people with disabilities and under-resourced youth, inspiring self-confidence, connection to nature, and stewardship of the environment. ETC’s sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, cross-country skiing, and Youth LEAD programs annually enable over 3,000 participants to enjoy educational and transformational outdoor adventures.
Position: Sea Kayak Program Manager
ETC is seeking an outstanding candidate with a track record in outdoor adventure program leadership, administration, volunteer management, and a passion for sea kayaking. The Sea Kayak Program Manager is responsible for delivering safe, educational, and fun sea kayak adventures for groups of diverse participants. Includes the oversight of all program operations and administrative tasks. This is primarily a management position, but also requires field time training volunteers and leading trips.
Responsibilities: The Sea Kayak Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the following:
• Recruit, train and manage volunteers, interns, and staff
• Develop and implement environmental educational components of the program
• Conduct trip bookings and follow up including guide and participant evaluation
• Maintain relationships and collaborations with client groups and schools
• Conduct outreach for new agency partners and individual participants
• Manage program budget and maintain trip records for accounting and reporting purposes
• Oversee purchase and maintenance of sea kayak equipment and manage facilities
• Conduct risk management and evaluation of the program with recommendations for change
• Provide leadership on one to five day long sea kayak trips
• Extensive outdoor leadership experience
• At least 2 years guiding sea kayak trips in a lead guide role
• Experience leading and facilitating trainings in the outdoors
• Environmental education expertise
• WFA and CPR certification, WFR/WEMT preferred
• Experience working with people with disabilities and low-income youth preferred
• Experience with volunteer recruitment and management
• Proven managerial and administrative skills
• Experience with program outreach, marketing, and development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literacy; experience with Salesforce preferred
• Self-motivated and good problem solving skills
• Must be able to lift 40-50 pounds (kayaks, coolers, etc)
Diversity is a core value of ETC, and applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are highly encouraged to apply for all positions.
Compensation: DOE; Full-time with excellent benefits including paid vacation, health and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan
Available: Position open until filled. Ideal start date is April 1, 2019.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Submit a resume with cover letter expressing why you are an excellent candidate for this position. Please include three references with names, emails and phone numbers. Send via email or post to: Environmental Traveling Companions Email: email@example.com Subject: Sea Kayak Program Manager Search Phone: 415-474-7662 ext. 13 ATTN: Oren Frey Web: www.etctrips.org 2 Marina Blvd, Fort Mason Center C385 San Francisco, CA 94123
369 total views, 2 today