Other Outdoor Storehouse Crew
AMC Seasonal Storehouse Crew
Location: Pinkham Notch Visitor Center
Job dates: Between April 10th and November 15th each year.
There are a variety of employment slots available on the PNVC Storehouse Crew starting as early as April 10th and ending as late as November 15th. Anywhere between 3-6 employees are employed at any given time. The 40-hour workweeks are composed of eight-hour days that run from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Storehouse is open 7 days a week so working weekends is generally necessary.
Hiring process: Applications are reviewed for the Spring and Summer beginning in January until the positions are filled. Fall applications are reviewed beginning in June until those positions are filled. Job offers are made on a rolling basis.
The Storehouse Crew forms the logistical support structure of AMC’s North Country Operations (backcountry huts, shelters, and education programs) by supplying food, equipment and transportation needs. They help maintain an accurate inventory of food and supplies, fill requisitions, provide safe transportation for educational programs and hut re-supply trips, provide staging and field support for back-country airlifts, represent AMC with local vendors, and assist with the recycling efforts of the AMC.
• Maintain accurate inventory of food and supplies.
• Assist in the recycling efforts of the AMC.
• Stage and give field support for helicopter airlifts.
• Represent AMC with local vendors.
• Provide safe transportation for programs and re-supply trips.
• Fill requisitions for food and supplies
• Must be 21 years old
• Must hold valid driver’s license and be able to pass DOT medical exam
• Must have safe driving record and practices, subject to verification through a driver’s license history check.
• Ability to do manual lifting, sometimes up to 70# from floor to waist height, repeatedly for a long period of time and other strenuous work as necessary.
• Experience driving large vehicles and towing trailers helpful
AMC has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The Appalachian Mountain Club requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal record check performed on their name with satisfactory results.
Please do not submit a resume for this position; we prefer that you complete the online application. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews by email.
How to Applysend a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
178 total views, 2 today