Environment Summer Camp Chef
The Summer Camp Chef will begin on Sunday, June 30th and work through Friday, August 9th, 2019 as Lead Chef for a 60-person weekly summer camp in Galena Creek Recreation Area, six miles up Mt. Rose Highway from South Reno. The Galena Creek Recreation Area encompasses Washoe County and U.S. Forest Service lands and is located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. Food is prepared in a professional kitchen and served at the beautiful WeChMe Lodge. Camp days and preparation are generally Sunday afternoons through Friday mornings. The Chef will be assisted by one to two culinary interns.
Compensation and Benefits:
Candidates are on a contract basis and will receive $650 per week.
Timeline: Sunday, June 30th through Friday, August 9th. Sunday afternoons through Friday mornings, approximately 40 hours per week.
• Plan menus for generally 60, but possibly up to 85 children and adults weekly;
• Shop for and purchase ingredients;
• Prepare nutritional meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner;
• Maintain the kitchen and utensils in a clean, professional manner;
• Supervise one to two culinary interns;
• Coordinate with the Camp Director on menu plans, shopping, meal times and preparation.
• Professional kitchen certification, ServSafe, is required. GBI could cover the certification fee if necessary;
• Experience in cooking for at least 65 people at a meal is required;
• Motivated, self-starter who is detail oriented;
• Flexibility to handle competing and changing priorities;
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public in a variety of forums;
• Ability to meet Washoe County Health Department kitchen and food standards.
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Please apply directly through the Great Basin Institute website listed below. http://crcareers.thegreatbasininstitute.org/careers/careers.aspx?adata=EL96sln0Yb3k1PChrvMZwr98u0f7l8J1VuWoPxb%2fXK%2b8udKtSayr7eFGQbS0CUiOxBHOfAKW5ESVyD%2bae4S5yJjhWog7HoPRpE2fRVUoxdBvXVjY8N0Hh%2fKd6rxHolwPLss%2bvUye2rdeKCNBavUm9STa4xaVnKyUPtKRWNWLN9p%2bF4JRYmObvWbPYTg08sI4wxWrPAFmiyB%2fTM%2bvo0icmVM%3d This position is available to all, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, age sex, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or religion. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
202 total views, 3 today