Water Summer Caribbean Logistics Support
Logistics support team wanted to help with program operations this summer in the Caribbean!
Over the past twenty five years, Broadreach has taken more than 17,000 students on experiential education programs to over 40 countries. With programs for middle school, high school and college students, Broadreach courses explore extraordinary destinations and fascinating topics through hands-on instruction with the ocean as the classroom.
We are looking for summer Caribbean Logistics Support staff to work full time in the Caribbean to help coordinate program operations. Alongside two other logistics support staff and the Base Staff Manager, the Base Staff team manages logistics for 400 students and 50 staff over the course of the summer. The is a fast-paced, fun, and dynamic position taking place at our base in St. Martin and also on a sailboat supporting programs throughout the Leeward Islands.
Logistics Support ensures that each program is prepared for departure with adequate food provisioning, corresponding student paperwork, and sufficient gear and supplies. Throughout program, base staff interact with program leaders to collect and post trip updates and conduct end of trip closing tasks such as preparing photo drives for programs and processing dive certifications online.
Candidates with experience working in an administrative capacity, ordering and preparing meals for large groups or in media taking pictures and editing short video clips are encouraged to apply.
Working with the Caribbean Base Manager, duties include, though are not limited to:
· Support Base Staff Manager and Caribbean Directors with overall base and programming operations.
· Conduct airport pick-up and drop-off logistics for students in St. Martin.
· Update and post summer trip blogs and upload photos for each program.
· Order food in bulk, organize and manage inventory, assist with meal preparation, and distribute provisions to the boats.
· Coordinate dive gear distribution to students.
· Conduct administrative tasks such as data entry into Salesforce, our portal and other online forums.
· Support instructors and students before, during and after program both in person and remotely with constantly changing priorities.
· Communicate with HQ in Raleigh to keep Broadreach staff and parents informed.
· Must be 18 and have a valid driver’s license.
· Highly organized and detail oriented to manage a large workload of various tasks.
· Adaptable to different environments with a creative, innovative approach to problem solving.
· Demonstrated success working on diverse teams with a collaborative and positive attitude.
· Strong work ethic as the days are long and comfort working with minimal supervision because Base Staff Manager may be working remotely.
· Great communication skills. We work with a variety of stakeholders in diverse locations and seek candidates with a professional demeanor to serve as Broadreach ambassadors to our international partners throughout the world.
· Dedication to delivering high quality customer service to students and parents.
· Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
· Previous international travel and experience working with youth and teenagers preferred.
· Preference given to candidates local to the Raleigh/Durham area to train and work in our office starting in April before departing for St. Martin in May.
· Open availability from late Spring to late August required.
How to ApplyTo apply: submit your resume and availability to www.broadreachstaff.com
456 total views, 1 today